Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such thing as a true gift of prophecy?

Options
  • 25-06-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

I have read a lot of threads here and some say that psychics can cold read and it's basically a load of crap, so do you reckon nobody has a gift of prophecy and it's just people generalizing so everybody they speak with can identify with what they say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

Denimgirl wrote: »
    I have read a lot of threads here and some say that psychics can cold read and it's basically a load of crap, so do you reckon nobody has a gift of prophecy and it's just people generalizing so everybody they speak with can identify with what they say?

Some cold reading goes on no doubt. If cold reading is going on 90% of reading would be more hit and miss, and normally miss, so you would know yourself if they are good or not.

I believe many people have the gift of prophecy and predict things that may mean nothing at the time.

I would also believe in telaphic communication to an extent- you know some one is going to ring you and they do, is this prophecy in basic form or you thinking of someone and you meet them on street.

Another area of prophey could be knowing a female is pregant when she is not showing or knows herself- that cant be cold reading

If you have concerns about a person cold reading you, You could always go on ebay and get a reading done via email just giving your name, problem, date of birth- I have been amazed how accurate they have got a situation without seem/talking to me. No way to could make the situation fit to a lot of situations These would be people doing readings from Uk, Australia and US via email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

I never knew you could get a reading done on Ebay! how much is it?
    I have got the feeling when I think of someone I have'nt seen in ages they just pop into my mind for no reason and then I'd either bump into them or get some sort of contact from them,I heard that is also called a "meaningful coincidence" I don't really know what that means lol!I also get dreams that things happen to me or people I know and they eventually do come true!I would'nt get it very often a good few times a year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

I dont believe in prophesy at. The great thing about prophesy is it has time on its side. So i can say something like, Thursday, The seven Men, the time of fearr is ten oclock. Even something that specific with numberss and times can be a terrorist attack, a bank robbery, a sport final , a boating accident.....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

On ebay.ie/ any ebay uk etc if you go to search and put in tarot reading a load of them come up, You can either bid or buy now. If buy now you buy at that price. The normal them is you search all the reading's and go with one that you feel drawn to. Each person selling would have feetback so take a read of the feedback. To buy you need a ebay account and a paypal a/c normally(Paypal contains you credit card so no one on ebay gets to see your credit card).
    On ebay any readings I have got are from people not based in Ireland, so little chance they know of you. ie used australian/ us / spain and uk readers. Sometimes you can buy a reading late at night and it is in your inbox in morning due to time difference in the world.
    Normally ebay readers are done cheaper and should at least pay 10euro's but little more than 20euro's as anyone over 20 gets less business as it is about supply and demand and any reading below 5euro will be very short and not worth it.
    Best to only get reading online if you have a pressing issue.

I have got the feeling when I think of someone I have'nt seen in ages they just pop into my mind for no reason and then I'd either bump into them or get some sort of contact from them,I heard that is also called a "meaningful coincidence"

Some say their is no such thing as a coincidence- Their has to be some form of prediction involved here. From a work situation this is good and bad( Depending on who you are thinking about their is a good chance you hear from them by email that day) Same goes that you think about work client during day but do not want to hear from them and you have an knowing email will arrive from them and it does, I would not see it as a coincidence but something higher at work

I don't really know what that means lol!I also get dreams that things happen to me or people I know and they eventually do come true!I would'nt get it very often a good few times a year though.[/QUOTE]

I would watch out for messages in dreams. A lot of dreams would not mean anything but some may reveal how some people actual feel about you(without telling you). Some would recommend to write down important dreams over a period and see what accuracy they would have.

In regard to thinking about a person and they making contact. I was thinking about female who has a online business website in Uk- Noticed on website she seem to have gone missing since February(No movement on twitter or myspace either ,Just hoped she was ok as extremely active on her work website up to that time). Did not feel it was my place to email and ask was she ok, Last night got an email from her telling me of what she is going to do to website, so listen to what goes on in your head/mind and who pops in(maybe they are thinking about you to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

Thanks for the info very interesting,I'm gonna try ebay too see how accurate they are!

• Advertisement
Advertisement