Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Dinner party tomorrow need recipe asap

Options
  • 25-06-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, having a bit of a last minute gathering tomorrow with a few friends and I am cooking dinner. I'm new to eating meat as I was a veggie for the last 12 or 13 years up until a few months ago so I haven't got the hang of cooking it yet. I was thinking a beef stew so there would be ery little risk of me serving meat that was too tough, chewy, dry etc.. Can anyone help me out with a good recipe? I've never made it before but am well able in the kitchen so it's doesn't need to be a simple one, preferably something a bit special or different. I was thinking a guiness stew but the boyf reckons it's not been great any time he's had it!? Maybe a moroccan beef stew or something like that? I don't want to cook lamb.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Hi everyone, having a bit of a last minute gathering tomorrow with a few friends and I am cooking dinner. I'm new to eating meat as I was a veggie for the last 12 or 13 years up until a few months ago so I haven't got the hang of cooking it yet. I was thinking a beef stew so there would be ery little risk of me serving meat that was too tough, chewy, dry etc.. Can anyone help me out with a good recipe? I've never made it before but am well able in the kitchen so it's doesn't need to be a simple one, preferably something a bit special or different. I was thinking a guiness stew but the boyf reckons it's not been great any time he's had it!? Maybe a moroccan beef stew or something like that? I don't want to cook lamb.
    Thanks in advance!

Why not? Spring lamb in season at the moment is beautiful. A bit pricey but delicious nonetheless.

A moroccan style tagine dish would work definitely. Just fry off the chopped meat with seasoning in a decent pot to seal it off, whip it out and leave it aside. Fry off a few onions sliced up, a few garlic cloves and some ginger. Mix in some spices- cinnamon, crushed coriander seeds maybe paprika- and turmeric to colour. Toss the meat back in and add a tin or two of tomatoes and a spoon of tomato puree. Put the lid on and leave it to cook in the oven at a medium temperature- say 160c- for an hour and a half or until the meat is really really tender. Serve with some cous cous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The Lamb Tagine recipe in the cooking club was excellent.

Advertisement