Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn etc. availability in Carlow

Options
  • 25-06-2010 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I thought this might be a more appropriate forum to ask this than the Carlow forum.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any shops in Carlow that sell a decent range of Quorn and other vegetarian 'meat'? Superquinn was always rubbish. There used to be some really nice stuff in Tesco but it's gradually disappearing. They seem to have gotten rid of the nicest stuff. Most of the Tesco meat free things like burgers and frankfurters (which I used to love) are gone as are a lot of the Quorn ready meals. They still have a small range of Quorn but it's mainly the less tasty things like burgers. The 'vegetarian' frozen food section is actually about a quarter full of (real) meat.

I know I won't find Tesco meat free anywhere besides Tesco but is there anywhere in Carlow that sells a decent range of things like Quorn and Linda McCartney meals? I keep reading about Quorn bringing out things that sound like they might be really nice but I've given up hope of ever seeing them in Tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaireadK4

I agree with you about the quantity of Quorn reducing in Tesco. I find Dunne Stores in Carlow good but I find myself shopping in Tesco And Dunnes in order to buy my Quorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Tesco have gotten pretty bad over the past year, some branchs are better than others but none are predictable. Dunnes are a bit better.
    Are there any Health Food shops near you?

Google says you do: Check their chilled units and freezers. Probably not Quorn products but they do a fine line in Vegi-deli, Frys and Realeat products.

Alive and Well

category: Full member

address: Fairgreen S.C. Barrack St, Carlow
    tel: 059-9131008 | website: (none)

The Health Store

category: Full member

address: 49 Tullow St., Carlow
    tel: 059-9140118 | website: (none)

Advertisement