Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daily Deal Digital

• 25-06-2010 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys

Can I ask has anyone on here had any dealings with the above company? Have they ordered any camera's from them? I was looking around the net for SLR's and they seem to be quite reasonable (even considering the exchange rate). They appear to deliver to Ireland also, I realise that I'll be hit with duty on it coming from the US though, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

S

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Have to say I never heard of them but yes, you will be hit for duty on arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Shanio100

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I followed the link from DP reviews so I think they are above board.

https://www.dailydealdigital.com/index.cfm

They appear to offer some good value, e.g. 550D for $699

Never heard of them before. Whilst you should definitely take customs charges into account and include them in the cost of your camera, a lot of the time you don't actually get hit with them at all.

Fed-Ex/DHL/etc. seem to have an electronic system in place where you'll almost certainly be nailed, but with An Post it seems a bit hit and miss as to whether you'll get a letter from Revenue or not.

One thing to note; i've been hit with customs from An Post and Fed Ex. Fed Ex are pricks, in the sense that they'll give you your package and post you a letter saying you owe them money a few weeks later, when you least expect it and haven't got it.

An Post/Revenue on the other hand, will, instead of delivering your package, give you a letter and tell you they have your package, and if you want it, contact them to find out how much you owe. When you contact them and agree to pay customs charges, they'll send out your package.

Whilst it seems bad that they hold your parcel up and won't deliver it, it's good in a way, because at least you know where you stand with them.

ie; If you get a letter from them you've been hit, if you get your package, then you avoided it.

But still, try and work out how much it'll cost you (21%?) and expect to be hit with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Shanio100

Thanks for the advice KKV. I'll do the maths and see whether its worth the hassle. To be honest, I was just using the 550D as an example. It seems to be around €899 everywhere in Ireland so on that basis it may be good value, even including the duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

Shanio100 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Can I ask has anyone on here had any dealings with the above company?

Lots of people have, and it looks like most of them are very unhappy.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Daily_Deal_Digital

• Advertisement
Advertisement