Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Laptop to TV via HDMI Lead

• 25-06-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi,

I connected my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) to my TV in order to watch some streaming sport tomorrow evening.

It works but the picture is not full size of the TV screen. The zoom button on TV remote wont work on HDMI channel.

What settings can i change on the laptop to see if I can get it full screen. I am using a HDMI lead to connect the two devices together.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I don't know much about HDMI, but you could try reducing the laptop display screen resolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

try 1024x768 resolution, or 720x576 , thats dvd resolution.SEE tv manual pc input settings etc could you not use vga in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

It depends what graphics chipset you have, your operating system and whether you have a control panel installed for that chipset (either Nvidia or ATI / AMD).

Best thing to do would be find out what graphics chipset you have installed. If you don't know where to look to find out this information use this tool

Visit the manufactures website (Nvidia* or AMD*) and download the latest drivers for your particular graphic card / chipset (full package which includes the control panel) and install.

Once installed you should have a section in the control panel for setting up your TV connection. Here you will be able to set overscan to over come the image not filling the TV. It will also allow you to output at "proper" TV resolutions (720p or 1080p).

Also make sure to set the refresh rate relative to the content you are watching. I.E. for 25fps content set it to 50hz (or 100hz if the TV supports it). For 29fps use 60hz / 120hz.

*Geforce = Nvidia, *Radeon = AMD / ATI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

OK I just looked up the specs of a Dell Inspiron 1525 and you have an Intel X3100 graphics accelerate.

I'm not sure if Intels version of a control panel can adjust over scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

keep it simple set refresh rate to 60mhz on the tv..
    unless you are 100 per cent sure ,more than that can damage your tv.my tv manual hdtv says 50/60mhz max.you can buy a vga cable for 8 euro approx.

• Advertisement
Advertisement