Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me an artist/studio

Options
  • 25-06-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Aight, decided to get my first tattoo done
    but i'm not sure who to go to so any advice would be appreciated
    Here's the image:NFTpop174.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You will want to check with the copyright owner there before pursuing any further

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Will wrote: »
    You will want to check with the copyright owner there before pursuing any further

:rolleyes: i hope your joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

sentient_6 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: i hope your joking.

No pretty serious, common courtesy really as most would be chuffed but im pretty sure this was taken from a studio website and most tattoo artists wouldn't take kindly to those who "borrow" their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Well all i say is if he got it done without coming on here first, & then didnt go posting pictures all over the internet after, drawing attention to it, who'd ever find out? Which is probably done an awful lot i imagine. I pulled my first tattoo straight from a magazine. I know it's not necessarily right but i just don't see how a copyright issue when it comes to tattoo's would ever develop for the average person.

A good custom place might do a good job with the idea & make it unique. Unfortunately i only have experience with a place in galway that could do that, so i can't answer the original question.

Actually maybe this thread might help:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055945960

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I know it's not necessarily right but i just don't see how a copyright issue when it comes to tattoo's would ever develop for the average person.

A good custom place might do a good job with the idea & make it unique.

It's really just good form to be honest. I got my first tattoo from DeviantArt, and contacted the artist to check with them about getting it done. They were flattered and said yeah, and only wanted a pic of it done in return. It's simply common courtesy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

It's really just good form to be honest. I got my first tattoo from DeviantArt, and contacted the artist to check with them about getting it done. They were flattered and said yeah, and only wanted a pic of it done in return. It's simply common courtesy.

same idea here
    i found my next tattoo design in an art book
    contacted the artist and he was delighted and just wanted a picture of the finished product. Hopefully will have the money sometime this year

Advertisement