Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uruguay v South Korea, Last 16, 26th June @ 3pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Strange decision to take off Suarez considering extra-time is still a possibility.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

df1985 wrote: »
    the commentators said something about people leaving because the rain was so bad.

Yep, there was no way there was that many empty seats in the first half...

Thought Lugano got in the way of the keeper for Korea's goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Matt Holland = next Jamie Redknapp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well done Uruguay. Better team on the day even if they weren't brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Am I the only one who thinks the ref kinda flahed Korea in the second half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thought the ref was decent myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

gimmick wrote: »

I can't understand how South Korea didn't have at least 5 more free kicks in really good positions or how every yellow card in that match went to South Korea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That was a really good match. Feel a bit bad for Korea, they gave it everything in the second half and kept at it till the end.

It will take a decent team to beat Uruguay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

gimmick wrote: »

:confused:

Sorry, I don't speak culchie

;) :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused:

Sorry, I don't speak culchie

;) :pac:

He means the Flah f*cked them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sad for Park. He tried so hard to drag them through and set up two guilt edged chances for their strikers who fluffed both of them. Really impressive performance from him.

PHB wrote: »
    Sad for Park. He tried so hard to drag them through and set up two guilt edged chances for their strikers who fluffed both of them. Really impressive performance from him.

He ran the show for them.

Such a great little footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Listen to the very good Jon Champion on ITV instead!

By far my favourite commentator. Him and Craig Burley are an excellennt commentary team.

Good performance overall by Uruguay. It was a shame they sat back for a little but it was nice to see that they could switch into a higher gear when S. Korea scored.

Suarez was very good and the second goal was class. I thought Diego Perez was immense too. Probably should have been booked by the ref but none of his bad tackles were very serious. He has so much energy and he made a couple of cracking tackles including one that sent Suarez free even though he was slightly offside.

Plus it was his surge forward that won the corner that led to the Suarez goal after another corner. Couple of nice long passes too to spread the play around.

I know he is 30 but I'd love to see him sign for United. We need an all action midfielder like him that can get around and make good tackles as well as surging forward and hitting some quality passes.

Advertisement