Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer work in Hospital ? Possible and where to start ?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello,

I want to do volunteer work with CUH Hospital in Cork city. I am happy to be in any area of care but I would love to help people with anxieties in the dental surgery department (getting nervous patients from the waiting area to the surgery bed and keeping them calm) i have done this with a few friends and i like it, helping them because i used to have my own dental anxieties so i can empathise.

Otherwise i would be happy anywhere really, I would also be happy in pallative care, i want to do something meaningful with my year. Last year recession year :/ was not so good, but there are people out there with worse on their plates than me.

i just lost my job last year and financial independance, but i'm getting back on track. I would like to help.

Does anyone know how I would go about this please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Its great your trying to do something and itll stand to you! But volunteer work in hospitals can be a bit dodge sometimes. What with getting garda clearence etc etc

But try contact whatever department you'd like to help out in and im sure theyd do their best to get some help! I have heard of people helping out around, more so in an emotional support role than any other care, by that i mean talking to people etc etc, like for example in a nursing home either even, just listening to the people makes a huge difference to them!

Advertisement