Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rotovating advice?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Novice gardener here, looking for help.

I'm looking for some advice about reseeding a lawn. I have about 1500sqaure metres (1/3 acre) to prepare for reseeding (and hedge planting). The ground is quite stony, so I want to rotovate and remove as many of the stones as possible. Also, there are a few trees that I want to keep and there are some other obstructions such as manhole covers for the septic tank - so it would be awkward (I think) to plough with a tractor.

How long should it take to rotovate this if I hire out a small rotovator? I live near Headford in north Galway. Anyone know where I can hire one of those rotovators in that area?

I'm a novice at this game, so any other advice on soil preparation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement