Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

distinctive bike stolen

• 26-06-2010 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

My ancient raleigh conversion was stolen tonight from my back garden in the phibsboror area of dublin between the hours of 1030 and 1200. the gate was locked and the bike was sitting against the side of the shed. being in the house i don't usually put them in the shed! or didn't! said shed is now padlocked! anyone mocks me on this point then you're wasting both our time!

for those of you that don't know me or the bike here are a few pictures, albeit a little out of date!
    4734501446_a6e602c3cc.jpg
    4733861603_abf929dd89.jpg

the changes on the bike are;
    new crank and chainring: stronglight cranks and fsa chainring
    new saddle; charge spoon in black with orange stitching
    new brake; miche caliper mounted on a home made bracket that drops it to the right height,
    new pedals; crankbrothers egg beaters, only on it two days!

so it's basically unridable! clipless pedals and fixed gears. it anyone sees the bike or any of the parts let me know

this was once my dads bike and has dents in the top bar from the childseat that was fitted to it when i was a sprog! it has a lot of sentimental value and it kills me to make this post!

i'm going to give fliers to the usual shops and such!

please pm me if you hear/see anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

at least they didn't get the shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Sorry to hear about that doc. :(

whereabouts was it stolen from? there are cyclists in here from all areas of the country.

I'd post more but my wrist is busted and i'm finger pecking. :P

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=388416

Have a look there for more tips.

Hope you get it back.

All the best.

stolen from the phibsboro area of dublin!

thanks for the link... all of that has been or will be done first thing in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Good stuff.

Best update your original post with your location. It'll be easier to see there.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had 2 bikes stolen and I know the feeling. Haha, try telling the Guards and all they say is "we'll give you a shout if it turns up". I guess they're too busy "fighting 'crime'"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

The thing that bothers me most about all this is that there's obviously a market for these stolen bikes. If there wasn't they wouldn't be stolen and liquidated for (sweeping statement here) drugs money quite as fast.

I pass through the area twice daily so will keep an eye out as others no doubt will.

i was in the gardai station making the report and the guy that was in the queue behind be said that there's a market in Offaly that a lot of "second hand" bikes are sold at.

anyone know the actual name or lacation of this market? the gardai actually acted on this and said that he'd make sure a patrol went through it as they have a list of stolen bikes that are getting more and more valuable all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ryano777

Clara Market, Clara, Co. Offaly def worth a look I'd say, they sell a lot of "second hand" everything there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm really sorry to hear that OP, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement