Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to pass a sunny afternoon

Options
  • 26-06-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Id like to hear some recommendations/ideas from people of nice places to go within the county or close to it to spend a few hours, have a picnic ect.
    Im familiar with Lough Gur and Curraghchase but would like a few more options.
    Also has anyone tried the mountain bike trails in the Ballyhouras, Id love to give it a shot but wouldnt have much experience.

Anyway all ideas welcome, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I used to live near adare and the ruins of the old abbey/friary in the grounds of the manor are fab and the village and the park are so nice too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Clare Glens, Kilalloe, Dromineer, Cratloe Woods, Ardpatrick, Glenstal, Keeper, Plassey, Beagh Castle, Ringmoylan, Dromore Lake, Galtees, Bansha Wood, Knockfeerina, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cluainfia

Id like to hear some recommendations/ideas from people of nice places to go within the county or close to it to spend a few hours, have a picnic ect.
    Im familiar with Lough Gur and Curraghchase but would like a few more options.
    Also has anyone tried the mountain bike trails in the Ballyhouras, Id love to give it a shot but wouldnt have much experience.

Anyway all ideas welcome, thanks :)

There is a Loop walk in O'Briens Bridge along the banks of the Shannon which is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Im from Limerick and I dont know half of these places... Shocking :)
    Thanks for these suggestions will keep me busy on my days off over the summer, Im familiar with Lough Gur, Curragh Chase, Ardpatrick, Plassey so its good to wander off my beaten track and explore

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dogonthepitch

some nice walks on here

http://www.shannonregiontrails.ie/FindaTrail/Walking/LoopWalks/

tried a few of them recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement