Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else out foreign?

• 26-06-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Anyone else on here not live in Ireland? I'm out in Boston myself

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Looks like your all by yourself:)
    Whats cycling like in Boston? I lived out in Idaho once apon a time & was a reasonable cycling scene. This was the proper sticks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

Not quite all by himself! I'm Irish, but living in Munich at the moment. Some nice cycling around these parts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I was living in Vancouver but moved home last week :(

Hoping to move to New Zealand in the near future though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Living in New Paltz, about 80 miles north of NYC. Some of the best cycling in the world here, 3 mile hills, 40 mile flats, everything a cyclist could want, great cycling community, very few racers up here though, but lots of try athletes :D .
    Most races are 1.5+ hrs away, but there is one pretty much every weekend.
    There are 3-4 races a week in the city and an enormous amount of cyclists down there, doesn't appeal to me though.

Looking forward to cycling back home as I only got into it about 5 years ago and have been gone for over 11 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

Some nice rides up north west of the city, not much in the way of hills though.

I'm moving home soon enough myself, what's up with that, I thought it was the other direction we are all supposed to be heading!

• Advertisement

Joxer_S wrote: »
    Some nice rides up north west of the city, not much in the way of hills though.

I'm moving home soon enough myself, what's up with that, I thought it was the other direction we are all supposed to be heading!

I think you have to leave to appreciate Ireland, a lot of people that I talk that p%^# and moan about Ireland are ones that have travelled for short lengths of time, but never truly "lived" in another country, the only thing I don't like about Ireland is the climate, but at least there is not 2-4 feet of snow on the ground for 4 months of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

I think you have to leave to appreciate Ireland, a lot of people that I talk that p%^# and moan about Ireland are ones that have travelled for short lengths of time, but never truly "lived" in another country, the only thing I don't like about Ireland is the climate, but at least there is not 2-4 feet of snow on the ground for 4 months of the year.

You obviously missed this last winter.

lol, I heard about it, meanwhile we had 3 foot of snow here in one day, I recall about 6 yrs ago when there was two weeks in January that the sun never came out and the temperature never got above 28F brrrrrr......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Coronal wrote: »
    Not quite all by himself! I'm Irish, but living in Munich at the moment. Some nice cycling around these parts :)

Juts moved to Munich myself. Coronal - drop me a PM, would love to get some tips from you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Living down in NZ myself. Good cycling scene here- more into the tris myself, they're pretty big too.

The motorists are psycho though! Spent 6 months back home last year and definitely appreciated the Irish drivers (never thought I'd say that...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Out in South Korea. Only recently got a bike as it has been nigh on impossible to find anything larger than an 18 or 19 inch frame.

Cycling scene - mainly mountain biking - is starting to pick up. As MrCreosote said, never thought I would miss the Irish drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

It took them a year of trying but I was successfully swiped out of it by one of Boston's legendary drivers last week. I'm a little surprised to hear praise (of sorts) for Ireland's drivers, I only started cycling out here so I can't really compare

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

p wrote: »
    Juts moved to Munich myself. Coronal - drop me a PM, would love to get some tips from you. :)
    I'm jealous: there is deffo some fine cycling in those parts, like to the Hirschgarten, to the Taxisgarten, to Westpark, the Augustinerkeller, a person can work up a mean mean thirst...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Joxer_S wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised to hear praise (of sorts) for Ireland's drivers, I only started cycling out here so I can't really compare

White vans, taxis etc are pretty much the same the world over, but the run of the mill Irish driver is pretty good really, and on crappy roads too.

Advertisement