Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish society

Options
  • 26-06-2010 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hey

Is there a Spanish society or group chat society or something in UCD?

Not listed on the ucd.ie webpage at least

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

I don't think there is a Spanish society but i might be wrong but regards to a chat society it depends on what you mean, if you mean like a general chat that you would do with friends then that would be all societies but if you mean like a discussion on specific topics then it would depend on the topic you want to discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Fairly certain there is a Spanish soc.

One of my friends is doing Arts there and has mentioned something about Spanish parties before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

By group chat, I meant like that has coffee mornings to practice chatting in Spanish or whatever, nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I don't see why there shouldn't be a Spanish society. There's the Deutsch-Soc but no Español-Soc even though Spanish is spoken more in the world than German is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

There was a SpanishSoc last year, at least in September. I joined up, but neither I nor any one I know ever received any emails.

So maybe it didn't take off.

There were a couple of Spanish parties organized by class reps, but I don't think they were related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I don't see why there shouldn't be a Spanish society. There's the Deutsch-Soc but no Español-Soc even though Spanish is spoken more in the world than German is.

Germans are better organised imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

I also joined spanish soc last year. I heard of a party organised in september along with the LGBT soc but that was it i think. I never got an email during the whole year.

I think its a society which needs a fresh start. Ideas like the coffee mornings etc. are great for people looking to learn the language

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

There is a Spanish Society in UCD, unfortunately last year's committee really let everyone down. In previous years we had weekly language exchange events and salsa lessons, as well as regular language parties, film nights and nights out. We're also the only society to put on an annual foreign-language play, which is great to get involved with.

From being involved with the committee for a couple of years and working with the other language societies, it really depends on the dedication of those involved in making the society work, so for instance 2 years ago Deutsch Soc barely did anything. There should be a committee set up for Spansoc for the soming year so check it out at Freshers Week.

Advertisement