Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Earth fmz file converter needed for YouTube upload?

• 26-06-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

I have made a Google Earth Tour video which is in a fmz file format and i would like to upload the video to an acceptable format on You Tube ie. avi or mp4 etc. Movie maker does not handle this format either.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I'd assume you'll need to let the tour play then use some screen capturing software to record what is happening on screen.

Using camstudio you can capture the whole screen or just a region.

Play with the settings, have a decent frame rate and use some compression to keep the file size down a bit for uploading. I think you can use on the fly compression with camstudio.

Better yet would be to capture the movie in uncompressed mode (100% quality) then use something like avidemux to clean up (crop and chop) and compress the movie into a high quality MKV or MP4. This way you will get the optimum image quality while keeping file size reasonable for upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Thanks Bob. CamStudio did the job perfectly. I had to play about a bit with its default settings but all went fine after that. I edited the avi on movie maker and reduced its size then by converting to mp4.

Cheers.

Advertisement