Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a grant in republic if i study in the north?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I am interested in doing a degree in Ulster University. Just wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge. Do i qualify for the grant in the republic if i decide to study in the north or do i have to apply through the english system for one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

mazi wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I am interested in doing a degree in Ulster University. Just wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge. Do i qualify for the grant in the republic if i decide to study in the north or do i have to apply through the english system for one?

I got a place in University of Ulster and had the exact same question. I visited my local VEC and Job Facilitaor and you CAN apply for a grant here and if you are unemployed you can also apply for BTEA, once the college is recognised by the grant scheme, all big ones unis up north are!

I got this below piece form citizeninformation.ie

Approved courses

Approved courses are:

(a) Full-time courses at the colleges of the National University of Ireland; Trinity College Dublin; Dublin City University; the University of Limerick; Queens University, Belfast or the University of Ulster where the student progresses to the university course by completing a course at Level 6 (National Certificate) or Level 7 (National Diploma)

Not really sure what the last bit means though :confused:

Advertisement