Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repair Garmin GPS (just like a usb drive)

• 26-06-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi.
    I have a Garmin Nuvi 250 GPS. I tried to load a new map onto the internal memory, but there wasn't enough room even after i deleted the old map. So I started to delete unnecessary files to try to make it fit (I did backup everything on my laptop).

When I realised the new map would never fit, i decided to just format the memory and copy eveything back on. Unfortunately, the cable was pulled just after the formatting started. Now when i turn on the Garmin, it tries to start, beeps, then restarts, beeps, restarts etc. continously!!

I'm not sure if the formatting error caused the problem, or if i deleted some important files. The problem now is that the Garmin keeps restarting, so it won't connect to my laptop. I can't see it as a drive in windows - so even though i have all the original files, i can't put them back on!!

If i hold the Garmins "on" button - it continously tries to reset itself - this causes it to become visible in Device Manager (correct Garmin GPS driver is installed) for a few seconds. But then it dissapears again!
    I've run out of ideas at this point. I don't care about any of the files on it, i just need to format it and get it recognised as a drive in windows.

Any tekies out there? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement