Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD INTERVIEWS, ANYONE HEARD?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

has anyone heard back after UCD interviews? or know when cao make mature student offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Mature student offers are 7th July.

Sorry dont know anything about UCD :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

BroFlo wrote: »
    Mature student offers are 7th July.

Sorry dont know anything about UCD :cool:

Thanks, only like 2 weeks so.
    Was just wondering about UCD coz I had an interview with trinity and got a letter from them after.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Not every college send letters, they like to keep us in suspense :)

I havnt heard anything from NUI Galway we have to wait until CAO round.

Ring admissions in UCD sometimes they will tell you over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Not all courses in UCD interview.

Larianne wrote: »
    Not all courses in UCD interview.
    Oh I know. Its just that the one Im talking about did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I heard back from UCD after my interview, about a week or so after the date, that was for the medical school though, so not sure about the others.

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I heard back from UCD after my interview, about a week or so after the date, that was for the medical school though, so not sure about the others.

Hmm!, perhaps they just contact those who get offers........

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

I applied for Commerce in UCD and got a letter a few weeks ago saying that the Commerce degree is "not accessible through mature student entry". Despite the fact that they don't mention that anywhere in the prospectus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

browne111 wrote: »
    Hmm!, perhaps they just contact those who get offers........

No, mine was to tell me I didn't get in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Postit wrote: »
    I applied for Commerce in UCD and got a letter a few weeks ago saying that the Commerce degree is "not accessible through mature student entry". Despite the fact that they don't mention that anywhere in the prospectus!!

I would call them up on that as I have just checked their 2010 Mature Student Booklet https://myucd.ucd.ie/htmlemailupload/File/Admissions/2010/My%20booklet%202010.pdf and they have Commerce listed with another 4 Commerce (International) courses listed on how to apply. :confused: The booklet also states 3 courses which cannot be applied to as a mature student and Commerce is not one of them!

I find it strange as when I attended the access to Science course at UCD 2 years ago they also had an Access course for entry to Commerce. So going from that and what I read in the Mature Student Booklet someone has made a mistake somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Larianne wrote: »
    I would call them up on that as I have just checked their 2010 Mature Student Booklet https://myucd.ucd.ie/htmlemailupload/File/Admissions/2010/My%20booklet%202010.pdf and they have Commerce listed with another 4 Commerce (International) courses listed on how to apply. :confused: The booklet also states 3 courses which cannot be applied to as a mature student and Commerce is not one of them!

I find it strange as when I attended the access to Science course at UCD 2 years ago they also had an Access course for entry to Commerce. So going from that and what I read in the Mature Student Booklet someone has made a mistake somewhere!

Perhaps it is a mistake, but I'm not bothered really as it was only my fourth choice and I've got a place on my first choice course.

Saying that, I did think it was bad form from UCD.

Advertisement