Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waiting on license?

• 26-06-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi,

OK, so I have passed my theory test, and I am waiting on my licence to come through, I've sent away for it and everything, can I drive my car now, or must I wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

I dont think you can, unless you can prove that you've sent away for it? I dont think proof of you passing your theory test alone would do, as it wouldnt show evidence that you've actually sent off for the licence. Id say you're safer to wait. I think theyre pretty quick to send out licences in fairness so you wont have to wait too long. Happy driving:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Unfortunately not. You'll have to wait until you have your permit in hand before you can go for lessons/drive with an accompanying driver. As mentioned passing the theory test is not the same as having a permit.
    You'll get it in a few days, best of luck with the driving:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

You need to wait for the permit BUT if you were stopped by the gardai and didn't have you permit they would ask you to produce it at the garda station within 2 weeks. If you don't you would get a summons.
    You're probably best waiting until you have the permit in your hand. They don't take too long to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    You need to wait for the permit BUT if you were stopped by the gardai and didn't have you permit they would ask you to produce it at the garda station within 2 weeks. If you don't you would get a summons.
    You're probably best waiting until you have the permit in your hand. They don't take too long to arrive.

BUt then when you went to the garda station you would have a permit that was only issued after you got pulled.
    OP just wait it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

How did you get insurance without a driver number/scan of your licence??

Advertisement