Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc To Lcd Tv Via HDMI

• 26-06-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, i recently purchased a new Pc and have connected it up to my 1080p LCD tv via HDMI.
    around 5 times every hour the screen goes black and returns but the colour goes all pink!!

Have tried a number of HDMI cables but to no success.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Power saving settings on the PC?

Try set the power settings in the control panel to Performance and see if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 43 JamesMcAteer93

Unfortunately that did not work, any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Sounds like an issue with either drivers or settings on the PC, nothing to do with cables.
    What video card is it, and what have you got it set to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Try 1024x768 res or dvd res 720px576 ,set refresh rate to 60mhz on the pc.

I only have onboard Graphics. It is the ATI Radeon HD 3200!
    My Motherboard is the Asus M4A78-EM!!
    My Tv is 1080p.
    I have set my Pc to 1080p and 1080i But the problem stays the same with both!

I will try more resolutions to see if that works!

• Advertisement

BUY a vga cable peats,maplins 8 euro, see tv manual pc input settings refresh rate,resolution , vga input.
    you may be using res eg 1200x900 that tv does not support properly.
    pc basics, set resolution on pc that tv supports.
    see www.svideo.com pc tv settings.
    720px576 is standard res for dvd movie watching.supported by every hdtv ever made.
    MAKE sure pc refresh rate =60mhz otherwise you can damage tv tube.

I currently have PC output set to 1080i and my TV supports it.

Sound does not travel through either a DVI or VGA cable does it? I will also have to but an Optical cable for Sound!

ricman wrote: »
    Try 1024x768 res or dvd res 720px576 ,set refresh rate to 60mhz on the pc.

There's no point in lowering the resolution to the above. Either set it to the TVs native resolution which under Windows 7 shows in bold with "Recommended" beside it, or set the PC to output at a standard HD resolution, like 720p or 1080p.

Even if your TV is only HD Ready, outputting at 1080p won't cause any problems, the TV will just downscale like it would do from a Bluray player.

I currently have PC output set to 1080i and my TV supports it.

Sound does not travel through either a DVI or VGA cable does it? I will also have to but an Optical cable for Sound!

If the TV has VGA in then it should also have a "PC audio" in, i.e. standard 3.5mm stereo. Or if you have a sound system you could plug it directly into the PC.

You can run a 3.5mm male audio to tv rca audio in r/l , right left audio
    rom pc line out.VGA IS video only, no sound.
    FOR DVDS 720p is best resolution.
    3.5mm male to 2 rca cost 3 euro, theres no law that says i must use optical audio out.my hdtv manual says refresh rate =50/60mhz max ,use vga in for tv to pc use.
    wHAT MODEL TV have you got ,eg sony 570lx.

• Advertisement

720px576 is standard res for dvd movie watching.supported by every hdtv ever made
    FOR DVDS 720p is best resolution.

720x576 is a standard definition resolution.

720p is 1280x720

So if i use a VGA cable for my picture from PC to TV it will stop the pink screen from appearing?

Thanks for everyone who helped!

My TV is Philips 37pfl5604h/12

So if i use a VGA cable for my picture from PC to TV it will stop the pink screen from appearing?

Maybe, maybe not :pac:

Just to clarify, you do have the latest drivers (full package) installed for your Radeon?

Yes!! I have uninstalled and installed them again!

The screen fixes itself when i switch user. When the screen is pink i switch user, the screen goes black and comes back the right colour!

i think it,ll probably stop the pink screen appearing, cannot gaurantee it, sure its only 8euro.
    install the latest driver for your card , try, f8 safe mode ,vga mode. is it still going pink.

Ya!! I will try it anyway!!

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement