Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early bird restuarant

Options
  • 20-11-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi im looking for a nice restaurant that does a early bird option on the menu,
    I see Vina Mara and Brannagans have one that seem nice, does anyone know of any more in the city centre? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Afaik:
    Al Muretto, Forster Street and Malt House, High Street.

Best ring to confirm first though.

Old thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055022614

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Vina Mara is lovely, as is the Rad, 3 courses for 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Binsky

Gemelles on Quay St. does a good Early Bird menu, I think it's €20 - Quality of food there good and the menu is quite varied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

The Vina Mara one is amazing, had it about two weeks ago. Best dinner I have had in a long time.

KC Blakes do a good early bird too.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread from November with some suggestions
    http://ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055745978

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Best Ive seen (but not tried) is The Pucan 8.95 for soup and main before 6. Or the Italian beside the hostel on Quay St. Starter, main and drink for 15ish anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

hey folks i didnt post this in the under €10 thread as i was wondering does anyone know any good restaurants that offer an early bird deals that are child friendly

want to take the missus out on friday evening but what to make sure they are child friendly and are offering maybe a good deal

ps. if you know any place that does a good creme brulee that would be a super bonus

i know kirbys do a good deal mon-thur but dont think they offer it on a friday

cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BK's winebar near spanish arch do a 3 course meal for 15 per person. Good traditional french food, their bruleé's are epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

thanks i'll check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Not sure if the 3 course at BK's is 15 every day? 3 course later eve is 25 and still pretty good tho and lovely place. Il Folletto on Quay St still
    good at 15. saw kids happy enough there too.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Not sure if the 3 course at BK's is 15 every day? 3 course later eve is 25 and still pretty good tho and lovely place. Il Folletto on Quay St still
    good at 15. saw kids happy enough there too.

It's been any day I've been there. They always have a €15 menu a €25 menu and an a la carte menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

inisboffin wrote: »
    Not sure if the 3 course at BK's is 15 every day?
    Almost had me thinking Burger Kings was doing decent food!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Hi all, three of us are heading to galway on Sat night, for a bit of pampering, shopping, eating and drinking.

Could you recommend a nice place to eat with an early bird special?

Any beauty salons doing deals at the mo??

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭skullzxr

Well where is it ? and how much?

BK's Winebar.

3 course meal for €15, all night, every day they are open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Vina Mara, hands down just amazing. I can't be sure but I think it was around the €30 mark. Worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Went to Kirby's this evening, got a 3 course meal and a free drink after in Busker's, all for €25.

Food was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Had three courses and a cup of coffee in Thai Gardens for 17.50. Think it's from 5-7 and they don't do it on Sundays or Bank Holidays.

Also had starter, main course and a bottle of wine (for two) in Kashmir for 50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Vina Mara, hands down just amazing. I can't be sure but I think it was around the €30 mark. Worth every cent.
    Absolutely lovely in there, they used to have beef on the early bird menu.

Delicious!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Do Malt House still do their early bird? Good price, amazing food last I was there.

I checked out Cactus Jacks a few weeks back. €20 (maybe €25) for a starter, mains, and a glass of wine. Again, lovely food, good value for money and very nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Do Malt House still do their early bird? Good price, amazing food last I was there.

I checked out Cactus Jacks a few weeks back. €20 (maybe €25) for a starter, mains, and a glass of wine. Again, lovely food, good value for money and very nice staff.

Actually 20euro for starter, main, dessert and a soft drink/wine. Great food and on sunday kids eat for free

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

KC Blakes Or Martines Wine Bar also do early bird specials. Think they are around 25 for 3 courses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Seaneh wrote: »
    BK's Winebar.

3 course meal for €15, all night, every day they are open.

That's not always on, at least the last time I was in.
    BKs has been closed for a few nights:eek: Not sure what'll happen, but I know from Marcel, there'll be some changes I think.

Hope it is going to continue, I LOVE that place.

Il Folletto, although they increased prices for the summer, still do a lovely early bird - 2 courses and wine/beer for 18.50 I believe. Lovely staff and grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Cactus Jacks? aka Hen night home, don't go near it on the weekend unless you like sitting among stag and hen parties. Haven't heard a single good thing about it. Only reason it survives is because it is so welcoming of hen and stag nights.

Martines does a fabulous early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Added to that the fact that Cactus Jacks is possibly the worst food in Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

Absolutely lovely in there, they used to have beef on the early bird menu.

Delicious!

Yeh i totally agree, the beef in there is amazing. it looks a bit small cos they dont give side orders, but at 10 euro its a bargain. great restaurant overall, had 3 types of cod risotto there before too, one of the nicest meals ive had in my life. staff are nice too

Cactus Jacks? aka Hen night home, don't go near it on the weekend unless you like sitting among stag and hen parties. Haven't heard a single good thing about it. Only reason it survives is because it is so welcoming of hen and stag nights.

Martines does a fabulous early bird.
    Xiney wrote: »
    Added to that the fact that Cactus Jacks is possibly the worst food in Galway...

I'm suprised, I've been there 3 times and loved it each time. great atomsphere, staff and the food was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I've been there twice, first time was mediocre but second time was awful.

Advertisement