Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inside Leg Measurement for bike

• 26-06-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at a range of bikes and for some reason I didn't know that you kind of had to go for one based on your inside leg length. At the moment, I don't know my inside leg length and I don't have a tape measure to work it out either.

I'm 33, 5ft 10" and male and I reckon either an 18" or 20" would be suitable.

Any advice in that area for getting one that is the right size? If I can, I'd like to be able to reserve one online and just go pick it up.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

I've been looking at a range of bikes and for some reason I didn't know that you kind of had to go for one based on your inside leg length. At the moment, I don't know my inside leg length and I don't have a tape measure to work it out either.

I'm 33, 5ft 10" and male and I reckon either an 18" or 20" would be suitable.

Any advice in that area for getting one that is the right size? If I can, I'd like to be able to reserve one online and just go pick it up.

Cheers.

Your inseam will as a rough guide be 2 inches more than the inseam for your trousers or jeans.

Having said that, don't click anywhere till you get a tape in hand amd measure yourself. I am 5ft9 but have a 34inch inseam which is close to what someone at 6ft would have and this completely throws my bike sizing off. .. so measure before you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Do you buy all your clothes online too? Try before you buy! There are plenty of shops around. Inseam is only one of the measurements you have to consider when choosing a bike (and it's not even the most important).

BikeFitDiagram.JPG

Just go into a shop and let them help you find a bike that fits well.

Advertisement