Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony ericsson w595 strange symbols

Options
  • 26-06-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have a symbol on my phone that looks like a man with sound waves coming out of his head, I have no idea what it means and how to get rid of it, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you take a picture of it, or describe it in more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Could do with a better description...

My first guess is that your phone is not on the SIM's home network. Some Sony Ericssons display a small arial with a wave at each side. So I'm guessing your a Meteor customer and your phone has had to use Vodafone masts due to poor Meteor coverage?

If so then Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Mobile Networks > Select Network. And pick your home network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭pinkfeather

no i am on vodafone, its a little like the msn icon, basically shoulders and a head with 3 curves which look like sound waves coming out next to his head. I have tried everything and because i got the phone without a manual i have no idea what it means or how to get rid of it. It isn't affecting my signal by any means its just annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it there all the time?

Take a picture or a screengrab of it and post it here

Advertisement