Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange red light in Dublin sky

Options
  • 26-06-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Did anybody see this last night circa 11.30pm in Clontarf area? Stationary red light (which appeared to be burning like a flare) high in the sky. After some time it started moving slowly then the light went out. It re-appeared in the same spot about ten minutes later. It was inland towards Artane/Raheny. No noise whatsoever from it. A friend saw it again an hour or so later. I spoke to traffic control at Dublin airport and they were unaware of any unusual activity in the area. Shortly after the second siting we watched an aircraft approach. It had the normal white light you would expect on approach so weather conditions don't explain the redness of the light. In addition the sky was very clear last night in the area. I saw if in a group of nine adults and several children. I know several people in the area saw it also. My father, who lives in Sandymount, saw three lights over there. Any ideas of what it might have been beyond the usual weather balloon nonsense which gets trotted out? It was sited near the flight path over Clontarf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Chinese lantern.

Can we stop these threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from DCN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

It was clearly an alien craft.

Don't believe other peoples cracked up answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bambooman2

Having looked into it Chinese lanterns seems to be the logical explanation. AIUI they are not supposed to be flown near a flight path so somebody has been acting recklessly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They are very common. We get a thread on them every second week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

So, I have been there and all.

Who the hell is launching those lanterns? There is this Garda chopper in the air very often, surely that would cause a serious accident if it were to hit one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It was aliens, they dropped a rope ladder and I clambered up to have a peek. Nice decorations, they're still using wallpaper though. Also they urinate through their noses.

Didn't notice much more, there was a guy opening a box marked "Anal Probes" so I dived out of the ship and landed on a conveniently located trampoline.
    They're called AEROPLANES, or if they're not moving, HELICOPTERS.

Advertisement