Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking contract with Eircom - Advice needed

• 26-06-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently with Eircom (Line rental & broadband, don't use phone). We are moving out of the apartment and wish to get Chorus Broadband instead.

Now, I have a 1 year contract with Eircom and with them about 9 months. (Eircom wasonly broadband available in my area).

Do you think they will try to charge me for breaking contract? If so, any good stories work to get out of it?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Benjilimk

I previously worked with Eircom as a senior manager and there policy is for a 6 month contract even though they tell you 12. once you are over 6 months you are ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey thanks man!

Must look up the small print on the contract on their website (if I can find it)

One other question, will they look for the router back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The contract used to be 6 months with eircom, but I think they upped it to 12 recently. It may have been 6 when you joined though. They may or may not want to charge you, you'll have to ask eircom that.

The modem you have will be useless to you when you move the UPC, so it won't matter whether they let you keep it or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jor el wrote: »
    The modem you have will be useless to you when you move the UPC, so it won't matter whether they let you keep it or not.
    It will do ADSL2+ ( unstably) so keep it for the future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah I want as little problems as possible when cancelling with Eircom, if they ask for it back, they can have it. Just when I signed up with them, I was getting different stories off different agents: 1-You have to pay 150 euro as a security deposit, 2-you have to pay more each month if you don't pay by direct debit. 3rd time lucky- no security deposit and no extra charge for paying in post office. I just don't wanna get screwed around for the sake of 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Tell them you're moving out to the sticks somewhere that they don't do broadband.

2000th post :D

Advertisement