Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clearout!

• 26-06-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else done the dreaded clearout yet?

It has taken me 3 hours to shift to everything and the green bin which was empty is basically full. Only saving my french notes for next year.

Even if i gotta repeat I don't care, they're gone and all now:D

Probably at least 2000-3000 pages, quite shocking actually how many sheets to have.

Feel's nice and refreshing to have empty free space in a newly cleaned room :p

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Exactly the same as me. Sheets, books, notes copies and exam papers everywhere. I just threw out all the notes and put the textbooks up on the shelves. So good to throw out all the notes knowing you are finished forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

I'll be donating all my books to the Gregnamanagh Book Throwing Festival..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Took me only about an hour on Tuesday as I was throwing away notes the night after I finish each of my exams. Feels great to have a clean and empty desk for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gazzacarroll

yup spent 2-3 hours altogether clearing out books, notes etc. filled 2 black bags nd still have 6-8 books to hand back to the school !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

I'm afraid to clear out incase I have to repeat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i have notes and dont want to throw them away,they are such a great bunch of notes that i cant throw!
    for economics and some bio and irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Sure just give them to someone? anyone in a year younger than you?? or the teacher? they could photocopy them if they're legible for their class??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

I don't believe in superstitions at all but i still can't bring myself to throw it all out just in case i jinx it though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

I've gotta clean my room out tomorrow so i can paint it(fun times:D:rolleyes:) Absolutely dreadin it! I'm not gonna throw out my good notes ie. the ones i actually used. The rest are being recycled except for my english notes which are being burned!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xAnnex

Ah what a waste! You guys should've donated your notes to some 5th Years :P
    I'm sure they'd be of some use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

xAnnex wrote: »

Ha sometimes I even struggle to read my own writing!!! A fifth year wouldn't have a chance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

****e! Forgot about possibly repeating :D ah, well. I'll just buy 'em all again I suppose :confused::P

Crow92 wrote: »
    Sure just give them to someone? anyone in a year younger than you?? or the teacher? they could photocopy them if they're legible for their class??
    yea that what i was thinking and im going to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

xAnnex wrote: »
    Somebody else's notes aren't great to be honest. The best notes are always your own, the ones you write out.
    Of course having some inspiration is no harm!

Somebody else's notes aren't great to be honest. The best notes are always your own, the ones you write out.
    Of course having some inspiration is no harm!
    my notes are from a teacher like economics we dont use the book so she gives us notes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

My notes and books are still all scattered around the house. I don't want to risk throwing them all out on the off chance that I have to repeat next year. As soon as I get my results though everything will be gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I threw all of my sheets out and put my books, hardbacks and folders in the top of my wardrobe. My lose sheets filled up a green bin :eek: Absolute madness to see how many things I actually had.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

The ammout of maths copys I went through in the 2 years is emence!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Throwing it all into a huge box bound for the depths of the attic tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

ive been clearing mine out after each exam :P
    kept a few books and just put them away and kept some business notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

The ammout of maths copys I went through in the 2 years is emence!

16 maths copies, 16!!!
    Half of which were A4!!
    All into the green bin... felt AMAZING because I strongly dislike maths!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Im still cleaning out notes, nearly a week after Ive finished!! I threw out all of my exam papers, and all of my sheets, including my years worth of grind notes! If i end up repeating, i wont be buying any new books, examinations.ie all the way :P
    I recycled everything, but all my books to be sold will be sold soon hopefully!
    I filled up 3 black bags to the brim with sheets, copies and books.... One of them started ripping as I brought it downstairs D:

Advertisement