Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capello and Pearce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

il Psycho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No wonder Capello has Beckham on the bench. Keeps the cameras off him kicking lumps out of his backroom staff, while ranting like a maniac.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is this video supposed to mean something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stress levels through the stratosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is this video supposed to mean something?

The England team must press the ball more...

And Fabio needs to be given a stress ball asap before he goes psycho on psycho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What was the story with him telling Pearce to sit down then stand up?

He must be a seriously fierce fcuker to have Psycho jumping like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

keane2097 wrote: »
    What was the story with him telling Pearce to sit down then stand up?

He must be a seriously fierce fcuker to have Psycho jumping like that!

I think Capello just doesn't like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Really hope it wasn't as rude IRL as it looks on the clip. Or at least that there was rapprochement afterwards.

Pearce was a good servant to England and I would have no doubt he's popular within the rank-and-file of the England set-up. You would certainly wonder now if there is credence to Cappello's alleged glaring lack of human touch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm surprised Pearce hasn't decked him yet :D

Could it also not be editing?

Very easy to show a clip of him asking him to sit down, and then maybe 10 mins later said to Pearce 'Go talk to 4th official' or 'Get the subs out' etc.

Put them together and he looks like he's treating him like crap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

murpho999 wrote: »

Very easy to show a clip of him asking him to sit down, and then maybe 10 mins later said to Pearce 'Go talk to 4th official' or 'Get the subs out' etc.

Only if you have the editing skills of Jesus!

It's clearly the same clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Like I said though, FC may have ran after him a few minutes later and apologized. People get stressed and do rude things but like you say, it looks pretty rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Is Capello not taking the piss ? Look at the physio to his left smiling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

It definitely looks like the same take tbh. Very strange.

I love the bit at 1:48.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

love the bit with pearce, looks like he makin a joke then stuns him with the shouting order.....

i.e "eh stuey you don't need to do-a that eh? hehe

Stuey: Right job Cappello!

Fabio: LOL JK get off ur arse and do it!!!

Only if you have the editing skills of Jesus!

It's clearly the same clip.

I know Jesus is good at walking on water & raising the dead etc but I don't remember video editing being mentioned in the bible.

Anyhow looked at it again, and it definitely seems to be all the same sequence.

Very strange that he does that to Pearce. Of course we don't know what was being said, and Capello is obviously very stressed but I really think that he is treating Pearce like crap and I think Pearce would be within his rights to tell him to 'Get F***ked'.

Either way, great entertainment, proof that £6m a year does not guarantee you happiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can't believe anyone would be brave enough to do that to Stuart Pierce, if Capello does get the sack he'd better watch his nose cause i reckon old Psycho is waiting in the wings ready to break it.

i also reckon Capello is secretly pissed off with Beckham's presence he's only there because of the 2018 bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There are just after showing it on BBC, saying they were surprised that someone would treat Psycho like that

Advertisement