Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2: Anyone Play It?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I've noticed all the threads here are about Bad Company 2 but does anyone still play Battlefield 2? I'm used to console based shooters (Though I have played PC shooters in the past like Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield and Half-Life) to it's taking a bit of getting used to! I can't rack up many kills and it seems a bit fruitless running around by yourself whereas other people in squads are communicating effectively with eachother.

Anyone here play it? And does anyone have any good tips for someone starting out? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I've noticed all the threads here are about Bad Company 2 but does anyone still play Battlefield 2? I'm used to console based shooters (Though I have played PC shooters in the past like Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield and Half-Life) to it's taking a bit of getting used to! I can't rack up many kills and it seems a bit fruitless running around by yourself whereas other people in squads are communicating effectively with eachother.

Anyone here play it? And does anyone have any good tips for someone starting out? Thanks!

I play it. My main tactics are shooting the enemy troops. I point my gun at them and then fire, it's worked well so far.

Try joining a squad and following them about, play medic for extra points that will get you unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Learn how to fly a jet/solo an attack chopper and baserape everyone, it's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

shoot the other team.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

millions of threads on BF2 in here, it's just that the game has peaked and BC2 has filled in while we're waiting for the next BattleField game to come out.

Try searching for either 'hints' or 'tips' in thread titles and you'll get what you need.

1. Join a squad
    2. See what kit is missing from the squad and choose that
    3. If there is no commander, go commander
    4. When commander, don't for the love of God spam the "enemy spotted" feature where you locate soldiers on the map for others. Very few things more annoying in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

if your looking for points,
    go medic or support and heal, rez or resupply everyone!!

if your looking for kills, go with whatever kit you feel good with and kill everything in sight!

• Advertisement
Advertisement