Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

horrible accident

• 26-06-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Stolen from here

edit/ images won't work :(
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that (Mark Foisynunberg) the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator (Mark Foisynunberg) is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pictures aren't showing for me... can't say I'm displeased.

*edit* Nevermind, clicked on the link, was expecting something else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Pictures aren't showing for me... can't say I'm displeased.

*edit* Nevermind, clicked on the link, was expecting something else!

If it was more graphic then i'd add a 'nsfw', but it's just mangled metal, so it's sfw.
    It is a strong reminder that regardless of gear, you're still very vulnreble on a bike, and in cars too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Golfs now come with Honda engines

I'm sure I read on another forum that it's bogus. The cops put it together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'm sure I read on another forum that it's bogus. The cops put it together.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That has been on the internet for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

sad news when innocent people die due to some guys reckless driving

and on other note...... original post is 5 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

holy crap 227 feet per second! ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

That's years old, its fake anti bike propaganda by the Swedish police. :mad:
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that (Mark Foisynunberg) the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator (Mark Foisynunberg) is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

For a bike that is embedded into a car at 150mph the "plastic" fairing which cracks to pieces when the bike is dropped at 0mph is in great condition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement