Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity names and 'dim wans'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ic1male wrote: »
    How bout he reinvents himself as TracksuitPants?
    Or HandsDownTracksuitPants?
    Or Gobbin'onTheStreetOutsideAbra?
    Or just simply DefenderOfTheDionsOutThere? Protector of their given names, saviour of their tasteful titles, til they get to 18, change by deed pole and sock him one for interfering!

Or hunt you down for sneering at their names..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ic1male

RonMexico wrote: »
    You can pick a new one if you like. Maybe we can put suggestions in a thread lol.
    Stab*City wrote: »
    Utter tripe..

The girl's name Jameila \j(a)-mei-la\ is a variant of Jamila (Arabic), and the meaning of Jameila is "lovely".

WTF is wrong with that name? Its not evean a black name so should the famous Jameilas mother feel stupid that she called her that?

As for this sad thread and me being on it tomorrow prob not.. Im just using this thread to get to the 1000..

Jamelia was ok, only ok, until the singer jamelia came out and c'mon you just know the child has been called after her, probably something to do with some highly depressive song she sang that child's mother liked - and what a stigma "ma, who was I named after?" "Jamelia the wan from Birmingham! I loves her song The Boys Eyes!"
    Amelia, however is a lovely name.
    The 'J' before it makes it scummy in Ireland.
    Jamelia - singers mother can get away with calling her that as she is of African origin - to name a white child that is plain ridiculous.

So you're using me as a scapegoat then? :) What number you up to???
    Have you been considering this for a long time or just since I posted??? :D

Jamelia - singers mother can get away with calling her that as she is of African origin - to name a white child that is plain ridiculous.

that is plain ridiculous
    What number you up to???

Bout 988

Just since i spotted this perfect thread for the occassion!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The following are knocking around Limerick:

Alliyah
    Aaieshah
    Tyreke (wtf, skobie favourite)
    Chantelle (loads of them)
    Britney (average age 10yrs)

Jeez...............:D

Isn't Allyah part of the process of becoming a colonist in the West Bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Jamelia was ok, only ok, until the singer jamelia came out and c'mon you just know the child has been called after her, probably something to do with some highly depressive song she sang that child's mother liked - and what a stigma "ma, who was I named after?" "Jamelia the wan from Birmingham! I loves her song The Boys Eyes!"
    Amelia, however is a lovely name.
    The 'J' before it makes it scummy in Ireland.

So you're using me as a scapegoat then? :) What number you up to???

Jesus, I don't think I've read such ridiculous **** in a while now. Did you know Jonathan is a popular name for people of "african" origin aswell? Should white people stop calling their kids that as well because you want to be a naming nazi?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ic1male

DarkJager wrote: »
    Jesus, I don't think I've read such ridiculous **** in a while now. Did you know Jonathan is a popular name for people of "african" origin aswell? Should white people stop calling their kids that as well because you want to be a naming nazi?

JohnTEN? I loves the name JohnTEN!!! :D Its the way you says it fast!

JohnTEN? I loves the name JohnTEN!!! :D Its the way you says it fast!

OMG:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Having a great laugh watching the slagging match between ic1male and Stab*City! :D

Can't wait for them to get going again - clearly still having a lie-in after being up late last night throwing muck at each other on boards.

BTW roll on 1,000 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Close This Thread ... Please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

YFlyer wrote: »
    I heard a Mexican couple called their daughter after the name of a (on the) ship they seen in one of the mexican ports.

The childs name is Usnavy

I heard of a similar story about Brazilian parents naming their kid Madeinusa.

I once heard a Beyonce being called out in the Crescent Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

To make a thread about people who name their kids after black people?? WTF?? There are lots of Patricks in Africa,likewise there are many people worldwide with Irish names, who cares what someone calls their kids as long as it is a real name, sorry to all the moonbeams and tinkerbells out there!!

To then imply that people who call their kids after a famous singer etc are knackers is highly discriminating. Traditionally I'm aware we here in Ireland called our kids after famous saints and historical figures etc, we arent living in the 60's 70's 80's anymore, so it stands that people will call their kids after famous singers. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

there is/was a Tyreke down the island field, classy!

and before the jokes start, yes, there are quite a few reeks down there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Not too sure why People are getting upset - Its just a bit of a laugh and I see it as slagging the Parents and not picking on little Kids!!!

Thankfully we've moved on (mostly) from being a Society in fear of the march of the Paedophile Ranks of the Church of Holy God and don't have to call all of Kids Joseph, Lourda and Mary - But is this why formerly religious names are now being replaced by US Gansta Rappers titles etc?

- There's no way of justifying it, anyone called Tyson O'Flaherty or Shanique Murphy its going to draw criticism and in fairness who is to blame at the end of the day? - The Parents picking names offa MTV or the People saying what the fcuk were they thinking when they picked that one?????

Dizzee Rascal Ryan - Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

No ones to blame Raiser, it's just a kids name, Tyson O Flaherty and Shanique Murphy sound alright to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Boards in England must be delighted Emile Hesky didn't turn out to be a hero in the world cup.

There is a Broklyn in Cork you know and he never does what his mother tells him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

Jesus how prejudice is this thread, not am nice to be just basing bad chosen names on single mothers. tut tut seriously close this thread its becoming too hasty and offensive.Also ham-n-mustard,I may say that since you must be near or close to the island field I am guessing you are privillaged to call others down there as reeks. I am sorry but like they are only names? and I bet many posting possibly have names themselves that are worn out in a dishonourable fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

To make a thread about people who name their kids after black people?? WTF?? There are lots of Patricks in Africa,likewise there are many people worldwide with Irish names, who cares what someone calls their kids as long as it is a real name, sorry to all the moonbeams and tinkerbells out there!!

To then imply that people who call their kids after a famous singer etc are knackers is highly discriminating. Traditionally I'm aware we here in Ireland called our kids after famous saints and historical figures etc, we arent living in the 60's 70's 80's anymore, so it stands that people will call their kids after famous singers. Makes sense.

Shania isn't black, at least I dont think she is.

Anyhoo that is enough staring down ones nose at the lumpen proletariat for now.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement