Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA-apply in person or just post in?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering what is the best way to apply for BTEA. I need to send my details to my local S W office, which is Cooloc. I don't know whether its better to post in my application, or go in in person and ask to speak to a job facilitator.
    Can anyone tell me what they did?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Hi there :)

I would go in. You can download the form online and fill it all in and take the documents you need and then hand it in personally. A friend of mine did it last year and would you believe they lost the forms. As he had posted it in they tried to claim they had never recieved them but he had already phoned in after he had posted them and checked they had arrived and he was told yes they had been and they even confirmed a few details with him at the time!!:rolleyes:

Luckily because of this call they later admitted they had made a mistake and rushed through his application but he was still delayed at getting the money and had to start college with nothing at all as his jobseekers had ended.

I would advise anyone to hand forms in personally and get a receipt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

sassypsych wrote: »
    Hi there :)

I would go in. You can download the form online and fill it all in and take the documents you need and then hand it in personally. A friend of mine did it last year and would you believe they lost the forms. As he had posted it in they tried to claim they had never recieved them but he had already phoned in after he had posted them and checked they had arrived and he was told yes they had been and they even confirmed a few details with him at the time!!:rolleyes:

Luckily because of this call they later admitted they had made a mistake and rushed through his application but he was still delayed at getting the money and had to start college with nothing at all as his jobseekers had ended.

I would advise anyone to hand forms in personally and get a receipt!!

Apart from the online form, do you know what documents are needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Hi sassypsych,
    thanks for the info. i'll go in so. hopefully i can setup an appointment with a jobs facilitator before I go.

broflo, as far as i know you send in the letter of offer with your forms. Then you'll be approved or denied BTEA. If approved, you then send in a letter from the college when you register.
    Someone on these boards posted this link which has loads of info..

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/bte_all.aspx

Advertisement