Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Mascara

• 26-06-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

So far i have seen repeated great recommendations for all the above as the best mascara ever. So i want to get one but can't decide so please help me!!! Thanks!

Also if you could post why you thinnk the mascara is the best that would be really helpful in case its not what i'm/anyone else reading is looking for so we know to discount it (if that makes sense!)

Thanks so much everyone!!!!!

Which is the best mascara? 21 votes

Chanel Inimitable
    0% 0 votes
    Dior Black out
    9% 2 votes
    Dior Extase
    28% 6 votes
    Lancome Hypnose
    4% 1 vote
    None of the above but i will reccomend one in the thread
    57% 12 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Dior for me! I always get asked if my lashes are fake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Pinklady828282

To be honest i find Rimmel extra super lash mascara the best & i have tried everything. Been using it for years & will be using it for years to come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Lancome for me!

Every other mascara I'd been using before it was nothing compared to it!
    My lashes are kinda thin and not very noticeable but it makes them really full and stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The original L'Oreal Telescopic (gold tube) is fantastic, you can keep building and building your lashes with it. I always get comments on my lashes when I wear it. I got my makeup done in MAC before and the girl still used Telescopic mascara as in her experience it was the best :)

Dior Show or Extase are next on my list to try as I hear good things, have also heard they dry out quickly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Hypnose is really awesome, it's never dried out before it was all gone and it really plumps up the ould lashes. I get asked if I'm wearing fake eyelashes all the time! I think it's just a really good formula, it doesn't flake or make your lashes stick together and it makes them *HUGE* mine go all the way up into my eyebrows, fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Max Factor Masterpiece all the way. No need for fancy brands then this high street beauty is around (God, I sound like Gok!).

I have YSL and many other brands. I keep coming back to MF, especially with all the compliments.I have the very typical pale blonde thing eyelashes and MF just rocks them WITHOUT being overkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

The poll is meaningless unless all respondents have tried all the options and can compare the qualities of all of them. Most respondents will only have tried maybe two or three (if that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Lancome Hypnose is alright, but it's no better than a lot of the cheaper brands such as Rimmel and Maybelline.

Diorshow is good, but I'm useing Extase at the moment and it is AMAZING. Best mascara I've ever used, by a long shot. Also, the brush is great, it's really easy to put on, and it's non-clumpy even on the lower lashes! (Bit of an issue for me!)

I've got Chanel Inimitable and I find it great for daytime wear, not good enough for me for night wear though.

Will definitely be sticking with Extase for a while I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Three mascara's I have and use are:

Lancôme - Hypnose
    Lancôme - Defincils
    Elizabeth Arden - Double Density

Three brilliant mascaras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 msnd

Max Factor Masterpiece.. won't break the bank and works a treat;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Got the Dior Extase recently and wasn't overly impressed with it; find Dior Show and Black out a lot better than it tbh; nicer brush, not as wet going on, and much nicer effect.

As a rule I really like the Dior mascaras, but the Extase is not for me.

I really like Estee Lauder 'Sumptuous' mascara, especially the coloured versions that they did. I have used the Chanel one mentioned in the poll but found that after using for a while it appeared to be making my lashes extremely brittle. The Clinique 'High Impact' mascara can be good for day use, 'Long pretty lashes' is nice for a natural look also.

Worst mascara I have ever used bar none HAS to be the Smashbox 'Bionic' mascara; I'm a huge fan of smashbox but it is seriously dire; I have no idea why they still even have this on the market.

Big fan of the Lancome and Clinique Lash primers too I must admit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I actually just bought Dior Black Out and I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Giselle wrote: »
    The poll is meaningless unless all respondents have tried all the options and can compare the qualities of all of them. Most respondents will only have tried maybe two or three (if that).

This is true, plus everyone's gonna have different tastes. I like big, bold, false-look lashes but others probably prefer a more natural look. Best bet is to try a few (or dozens in my case :p) and see which suits your requirements the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i really love the benefit bad gal, it gives the look of false lashes every time and the waterproof one works just as well and you can even go swimming with it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Max Factor Masterpiece mascara, definitely. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Hypnose is amazing, I got it as a present once and I couldn't believe the difference. It's so, so good, but unfortunately my student budget doesn't extend to it :(
    I don't find Benefit's Bad Gal and Bourjois' Ultra Black mascara great - not sure why, they were just kind of gloopy or something. Maybe just me :o And I think that Maybelline's Great Lash mascara is REALLY overrated! It's quite clumpy.
    Rimmel's Sexy Curves is great though, and a lot more affordable than Lancome or Chanel. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

aine-maire wrote: »
    Rimmel's Sexy Curves is great though, and a lot more affordable than Lancome or Chanel. :)

Rimmel's Sexy Curves has one of the best mascara 'liquids' I've tried, but I seriously dislike the wand because it seems to clump your eyelashes in some places. I sometimes use it with a different wand though and I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The bourjois elastic one. It has an odd handle. Absolutley amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

I asked at an estee lauder and clinique counter yesterday which would they choose between the lancome and dior extase and all said extase, so i may go for that. Will be purchasing on thurs so will prob change my mind a million times before then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Believe me, I think I have tried everything single mascara on the market, and I truely believe the of L'Oreal Telescopic is the BEST BEST BEST of them all. Ive paid a fortune for all the Dior and YSL etc, but this one does the best job for me personally! :)

• Advertisement

i checked the reviews on make up alley

lancome hypnose 3.8
    dior show 3.4
    dior extase 4.0
    chanel inimitable 3.6

other suggestions :

loreal telescopic 3.4
    bourjois elastic 3.2
    rimmel sexy curves 3.3
    max factor masterpiece 3.9
    elizabeth arden double density 4.2

from these i'm pretty impressed with the elizabeth arden one, what effect does it have on your lashes?

i think i will get extase tomorrow and when i'm poorer try the max factor one

by the way its not a scientific poll!! just a tool to help me choose a good mascara!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭hollygirl08

The best one of tried, and I've tried loads down the years is Yves Saint Laurent False Lash Affect. In saying that I decided back in January to go get individual false eyelashes put on. Im addicted to these now and have been getting them re-filled every 2-3 weeks. They're amazing and reckon I'd feel naked without them..Next best thing IMO is the above mascara.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 slanleat

Estee Lauder Double wear. Does not shift all day. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

L'Oreal Telescopic is one that I seem to go back to eveytime! I haven't been wearing it now in the past few weeks but that's from lack of funds. I really miss it! In the time being I picked up one from Essence and it's holding up okay but it's nothing compared to my usual.

Other brands that I have tried that I think are great are Urban Decay, Cover girl and bourjois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The best one of tried, and I've tried loads down the years is Yves Saint Laurent False Lash Affect. In saying that I decided back in January to go get individual false eyelashes put on. Im addicted to these now and have been getting them re-filled every 2-3 weeks. They're amazing and reckon I'd feel naked without them..Next best thing IMO is the above mascara.

How much does that cost?

Mac plush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

YSL, absolute best mascara I've ever tried. I've been using it for a couple of years now and wouldn't change.

I get it online or in the duty free for €20 as BT's charge €30 :eek:

i got the dior extase in the end and it is pretty good. My lashes are longer than the diorshow and it seems like theres more lashes but its not as dark on the eyes as diorshow. I find the brush a little hard to use but when i get it right its gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Im dying to get these...where do you get them done and how much if ya dont mind me asking:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement