Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worried dog opperation wound looks infected!!

Options
  • 26-06-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

hi there

my dog had a major opperation last wednesday, its the second time he had this procedure done first time was a year ago. his wound is pretty horrific lots of stitches and swelling. anyway today i was cleaning it and its gone really hard swelled up like a huge boil and it seems to be weeping through the skin! its extremely sore for the dog even though he is on pain killers and antibiotics. i rang the vet and he said if it was puss filled it would come out through the stitched area not the skin and i was to bath it in savlon. then i was bringing my dog out for a pee and he sort of colapsed on the floor and i had to lift him back to his feet (he is 47kg) and he will only eat if i feed him by hand. Im very worried as i wont get to a vet now till monday afternoon, any advice please???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Ring the vet again and explain you aren't happy with him at all and need him seen. You have been through the procedure previously, so if the dog seems different to last time I would trust your own judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭redcard

Ill ring in morning if there is no change, i cant have him in pain he has been through enough surgerys, we said this was the last time as he is 11 years old now. bit of advice for everyone get your dog insured we didnt and it cost us over 2 grand this year on vet fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was a bit suprised when you say they told you to bath the wound?! Our vet would have seen him asap! Trust your instincts as shanagarry says and I hope he'll be ok!

+1 on the insurance - our guy will be 1 in 2 weeks and has racked up about a grands worth of bills so far with xrays etc for his sore legs!

Advertisement