Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothercare Cot

Options
  • 26-06-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

We bought a cot from Mothercare about 5 months ago. Last night we noticed the base snapped on one side. My husband did a splint job to make it safe for our baby to sleep in and today I rang Mothercare to be told that because I don't have the receipt, I'll have to buy a new base for the cot.

Do I have any rights even without the receipt?

i would have a record of buying the cot from my Laser/Bank statement although this obviously wouldn't detail what I had bought.

I can't see anything on the Consumer rights website about what to do if I don't have a receipt.

I know I should've kept the receipt, but at the time I was a scatterbrained new first time mother and I didn't really expect to have any problems with a cot!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

You only need a proof of purchase, not a receipt.. Your laser/credit card statement will suffice.

Edit - If Mothercare refuse to do anything, and it will be under warranty irrespective of what they say, then your only option is to take them to the small claims court (that's obviously assuming you didn't damage it yourself).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You require a proof of purchase, not a receipt. If you have a laser/credit card statement, then that will suffice.

As per Consumer Law, you are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair. It is up to Mothercare to offer an option which is reasonable to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I rang Mothercare again this afternoon and they are happy for me to provide my bank statement as proof of purchase. A new base is on order now under warranty :)

Thanks for your replies

Advertisement