Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinding teeth in sleep?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I think I grind my teeth or tongue the roof of my mouth in my sleep.
    every morning i wake up with a lot of dry blood in my mouth.

Anyone do this?
    Should i sleep with a mouthguard thing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Yes you should, boots sell or used to sell dental mouthguards for around 30euro

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

GoldCobra wrote: »
    I think I grind my teeth or tongue the roof of my mouth in my sleep.
    every morning i wake up with a lot of dry blood in my mouth.

Anyone do this?
    Should i sleep with a mouthguard thing...

Or ,you could put them in a jar on your bedside locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

that might be painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

you should head to see your dentist, i have awful problems with clenching and grinding my jawbone which then results grinding my teeth together. i went to my dentist around 4 years ago about this and got a mouthguard moulded to the shape of my top teeth to help it sit right. and when i do wear it it does help stop the grinding and defo stops all the damage. i can see where ive worn it down over the years, but id defo recommend even having a chat with your dentist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Anyone know why people do this? My GF grinds her teeth so hard it sounds like she's chewing stones! Quite alarming when you hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

I'm waiting to see the dentist, in the meantime i got a gumshield from a sports shop hah.

Apparently the number one reason people do this is stress, followed by missing teeth or not have lined up teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Huh! My boyfriend has started doing this it's terrible especially when we are cuddling and he is really close to my ear it annoys me so much. I stick my head under the pillow some nights because I just can't sleep because of it. Ofcourse he finds it so funny ugh boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I had this same problem a few years back , went to my dentist and he made me a mouth gaurd. I used it for a few weeks and it did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

get your blood pressure checked too. might be a sign of hypertension....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Dentist said to me it could be stress that causes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Barr wrote: »
    Dentist said to me it could be stress that causes it.

Exactly...and stress also causes high blood pressure....so get yourself checked out just to be on the safe side.

Advertisement