Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying a Campervan

• 26-06-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at buying a campervan and i am looking for some advice on where to buy. Should i buy abroad and bring back or is it as cheap to buy here at home. Should we buy new or second hand etc.We live in the Cork area, are there any good places to buy here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I purchased my two previous Motorhomes abroad and imported them, however I now think there's value to be had in Ireland. There's lots of dealers and private sales out there so check the likes of Autotrader, Donedeal, Adverts.
    Your budget will determine whether you purchase new of second hand. View as many as you can and put together a check list of your requirements.

Here's a link to a places to find MHs http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055046014&highlight=dealers and there's also a sticky on here about importing from Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aja72

I think the used camper van is good option but for buying used camper van you need to do inquire from the camper van dealers. Here you can find a dealers of camper van Dealers & there are so many other sites on net from where you can get a information about used camper like E-bay, amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

aja72 wrote: »
    I think the used camper van is good option but for buying used camper van you need to do inquire from the camper van dealers. Here you can find a dealers of camper van Dealers & there are so many other sites on net from where you can get a information about used camper like E-bay, amazon.

Why do you keep posting American RV links?

I'm biased , as we sell motorhomes for a living , but just whatever you buy , try get it gas tested , damp tested , and serviced .

Advertisement