Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anybody got any ideas??

• 26-06-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Bought Red Dead Redemption tonight from Xtra-vision, put the disc in the console and the game loaed, was signed into Xbox live so no problems so far, was asked were to save the game to and I chose the hard drive, the start of the game began where he is getting off the boat and suddenly it froze......odd I thought so I took the game out to check for scratches or marks, there wasn't (game was brand new). Tried loading the game a couple of more times to no effect, the console kept freezing at different stages......Xbox menu, just as the game loads, just as the xbox symbol comes on screen etc. I brought the game back to Xtra-Vision to replace it, the staff checked for scratches and stuff but found none, the game was the last one they had in stock so she gave me a gift voucher and told me to go to the next nearest store and get a new one, no problem, done........ but the exact same problem is happening, I've tried turning it on without the game in the console and it still happens, the three lights appeared once but then the normal yellow light came on, anybody got any ideas. I'm using a wireless controller that was charging from one of the controller sockets and am using wireless broadband with the router plugged in in the other socket......really at a loss as to whats wrong. Have't played my Xbox in over a week and was looking forward to playing the game, I had COD MW2 in the machine when I turned it on today and it's been in the machine since I last played it about nine days ago. Anybody come across the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What's the console you are using? How old? Game installed or not?

I have had a few lock up's with red dead but nothing a return to the dash didnt fix, and no more than once a week if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

I'd say it's over two years old, no I haven't installed the game onto the hard drive the only game I have installed is COD and the xbox live arcade games, all I seem to be getting no is 3 red lights, really annoyed at this now

AEH1984 wrote: »
    I'd say it's over two years old, no I haven't installed the game onto the hard drive the only game I have installed is COD and the xbox live arcade games, all I seem to be getting no is 3 red lights, really annoyed at this now

ah overheating so , if is 3 red lights book the old gal in to the garage for a fix with MS , all consoles under 3 years are covered for 3 red lights by MS

Welocme to the 3 RROD club ;)

MS will fix this for free for you !!!!!!

Edit: Will make playing Red Dead all the sweeter that you had to wait for it !!!!!!!

Should have just stuck to COD :mad: stupid red dead ruining my console

Should have just stuck to COD :mad: stupid red dead ruining my console

If it was going to go it was going to go lad
    Better now than out of the 3 year guarantee

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    If it was going to go it was going to go lad
    Better now than out of the 3 year guarantee

Ah yeah I know, just annoying considering I havent even played the game yet, do ya happen to know if the RROD lights should be blinking? Because mine are just solid red

Ah yeah I know, just annoying considering I havent even played the game yet, do ya happen to know if the RROD lights should be blinking? Because mine are just solid red

As long as there be 3 she be running hot, call ms asap .

It's working again no bother :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'd still call them for a repair anyway, it will apear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yep once it happens once it's defo gonna happen again. Book it in and you'll be without it for about 2 weeks with all going well.

Welcome to the club

• Advertisement
Advertisement