Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Post Office opened on Sunday?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if the central post office on O'connell street is opened tomorrow, this one or any other really in Dublin.
    I need to send a parcel and did not get the chance today.

Just asking since I have seen central office in capital cities opened 24/7 in some european cities in the past. Very handy.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

I hope your not from Ireland, calling the GPO our most historic and significant builing the 'central post office'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

dats_right wrote: »
    I hope your not from Ireland, calling the GPO our most historic and significant builing the 'central post office'.

I would not know the history behind this building no, sorry for my ignorance, I did not mean to offend in any way.

Anyway it looks like this is closed. Thanks for the feedback guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

dats_right wrote: »

Are you a muslim?

Jay D wrote: »
    Are you a muslim?

I might be!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

Please enlight me guys, I don't follow no more, what does have this building to do with muslim lol?

CaraFawn wrote: »
    Please enlight me guys, I don't follow no more, what does have this building to do with muslim lol?

You and me both..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

The OP called the house a central post office. Someone else asked if someone else was a muslim because we never call that place the central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Mick Daly wrote: »
    The OP called the house a central post office. Someone else asked if someone else was a muslim because we never call that place the central.

Yeah, we got that part, it's the 'what would their religion have to do with knowing the name of the GPO' part that we're confused about.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

They stopped opening the GPO on Sunday's a few years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement