Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this trolling?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭

Where do we go with a thread that is being somehow derailed while being on topic? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055899488

Possibly its a slightly pompous topic, but it was in Anthropology, Sociology and Culture and a fairly slow discussion was taking place. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me, that's the point of discussion forums, but this poster came in all guns blazing. The trouble is that he is not entirely following the topic and he has the posters mixed up. I suppose, it being Saturday evening, he may have had a few cans.

I would prefer to leave him alone, but it irritates me that he might assume I am obeying his 'orders' to not argue with him!

Is there grounds for reporting it, or do I just ignore him?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Is this feedback?

Edit: Sorry. It is. I'm a bit pissed. Thought I was still in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, maybe posting this in Feedback wasn't the brightest idea. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Use the report function and express your concerns and let the mods made a judgement call on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Use the report function and express your concerns and let the mods made a judgement call on it.

Best response.

Looksee, report one of the posts in the thread and just mention that you are concerned that the user in question is trolling. The mods can then act (or not) on the complaint. :)

/thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement