Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

peugeot 307 problem - need help!!!!

• 27-06-2010 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i have a 2005 peuogeot 307 verve model
    i have notice recently it is difficult to start first thing in the morning sluggish and the exhaust will make a rattle at the same time of starting, if i got to move of the rattle continues and the car will cut out. i sometimes feel the accelerator at the start is not engaging correctly first thing in the morning.

if i restart the car and wait a few seconds and then drive of things are fine. and the car will drive fine for the rest of the day.

any ideas whats wrong - exhaust problem - electircal problem with the accelerator?

all help appreciated.

thanks
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

Is this peugeot 307 a 1.6 hdi diesel? If it is then it could have to do with the pre-heat (glow plug) relay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

What engine have you got...??
    The 1.6 hdi's will start fine without any glowplugs working unless the outside temp is well below 0degs....but as you said the glowplug relays can give trouble.
    Ideally you will need to get fault codes read and check live data when the engine is cranking...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jayventolin

thanks for the feedback guys - it's a 1.4l petrol
    i brought it to a mechanic and he put some strap on the exhaust which did nothing. he kept saying that there are alot of electrical problems with this car but didnt offer much help to me.

it's like i have to push the accelerator hard at the start to engage - i'll get out the driveway rattling exhaust and then she cuts out- i park the car close the gates- get in and drive off and she's fine for the rest of the day - my head is wrecked

can anyone reccomend agud place to bring it too- not a peugeot garage- they'll rip me off i know.

thanks for your help guys.

j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Are you getting "depollution system faulty" on the centre display...??
    Post your location here and somehere may know a good independent garage..:)

no warning lights come on oerror messages

any gud mechanics around drumcondra who wont take the pi$$

thanks
    j

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

no warning lights come on oerror messages

any gud mechanics around drumcondra who wont take the pi$$

thanks
    j

If you can get somebody to scan it it may help to identify the problem?

anyone know a gud place to bring it too near drumcondra/marino

Advertisement