Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief in finglas

Options
  • 27-06-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

was at home a few weeks ago and spotted what i deemed to e a dodgy guy walking down the opposite side of the road where we live. he was walking aimlessly peaking over at the houses from time to time. made a mental not of it. following day, while drying the dishes, i happened to spot the same guy on our side of the road. he passed our places and the next 2 houses (each of which had cars in the driveway and entered the third house up from us. me being nosey went out the door and heard a letter box closing. he definitely wasn't a delivery guy so i called the guards and gave them a description of the guy (5"9' approx, black short hair, black leather jacket, blue heans. told them he looked dodgy and they said they'd try and get a patrol car to take a look.

i decided to follow this guy. got out me bike and cycled up towards lidl, no sign of him so went round the roundabout to make sure he hadn't gone that way and came back around and up past aldi. saw him heading in mckelvey road. the sneaky boyo was going into houses with no car in the driveway, trying the front door to see if it was open and then putting his hand in the letterbox. called guards again and got the same reply. i couldn't believe someone would attempt this in broad daylight. so beware, make sure doors are locked and mind who you open the door to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Unfortunately, Finglas isn't the only place this happens.

Although, people may come back here and joke about Finglas and thieves going hand in hand.

Advertisement