Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating Games on Steam

Options
  • 27-06-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of games that I was thinking of donating on a first come first serve basis. Is this possible?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think its only duplicate games you can give away as gifts. Not sure. But if theirs a way I'd take a game off ya :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Well, if it is possible - and you are welcome to the first pick, R_H_C_P - I'm thinking L4D and COH can go, and maybe World of Goo and STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I wouldn't mind playing world of goo if you'd be so kind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

I have yet to play STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl, I'd take that one from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Are you talking about games you've played and are now finished with? You can't "donate" these.

If you own duplicate copies of games, in some cases they can be gifted to other people. Details

Sounds to me that you're out of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, I think you'd basically have to give these people your account details.

I have 3 Steam accounts, each with games on it, which I lend out to mates if I want them to try a certain game with me, which they may like and can then purchase for their own steam account. Such as L4D and TF2, however all my other games that I don't play unfortunately...have to just sit there in my Steam account. Its not like a disc where I can just give it around....as its tied to my account alongside all my other games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Sounds to me that you're out of luck.

Yeah, it seems so. They are old games that I've either played to death or don't have any interest in playing as opposed to duplicates. Sorry about the false alarm, folks. Blame Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

They can still get replayed. Not strictly within the EULA but I accidentally left myself on auto-login on my brothers pc with connect to internet disabled. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah, it seems so. They are old games that I've either played to death or don't have any interest in playing as opposed to duplicates. Sorry about the false alarm, folks. Blame Steam.
    Nope.
    They can still get replayed. Not strictly within the EULA but I accidentally left myself on auto-login on my brothers pc with connect to internet disabled.
    Read: violation of the End User License Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Overheal wrote: »
    Read: violation of the End User License Agreement.

Read: Lending someone a copy of game, the medium may change but the end result is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Read: Lending someone a copy of game, the medium may change but the end result is the same.
    not when youre both able to play simultaneously.

Advertisement