Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subscription email updates to all updates

Options
  • 27-06-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

You only get updates to the last post unviewed. Anyway of getting all updates to be sent by email. Often i can check email but can't get on boards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hey wolfric

The system will usually email only the last post made to a thread until you log in again.
    This is mainly to save the system 'spamming' you with endless emails for any given thread.
    Could you imagine a thread with 40 new posts in a day? That's 40 new emails and thats only for one thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

when you say login are you talking about being authenticated? or viewing a page while authenticated or viewing the specific thread while authenticated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

wolfric wrote: »
    when you say login are you talking about being authenticated? or viewing a page while authenticated or viewing the specific thread while authenticated.

While being authenticated. From what I remember emails will stop until you actually log into the site again. Then you will get an email when there is an update to a thread. This is mainly for instant email notifications. However you can subscribe as either Daily email notification or Weekly email notification and these will contain all post updates to a thread

These would be the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

thanks ( i notice there's no thumbs up button this forum)

Advertisement