Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the first ever album you bought??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

stovelid wrote: »
    I was 9 or 10.

kings_of_the_wild_frontier.jpg

i like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

When I was 10 I was buying a "pirate tape" from 1 of the lads that used to sell tapes out of a suitcase on henry street. I'd only enough money for 1 of the albums and I couldn't decide between Definitely Maybe & Morning Glory, both oasis, I had both tapes in my hand trying to decide when a Garda came around the corner and the suit case man ran for it leaving me with the 2 tapes in my hand. Still have both albums and have bought very few since that bettered those 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Think it was Motley Crue's Girls Girls Girls or possibly Megadeth's Rust In Peace

Not 100% sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

the hits tape 7:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Embarrassingly the 1st album bought was The Offspring - Americana when i was about 9 or 10!!

Even more embarrassing i still listen 2 it from time to time!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

Paul McCartney : Pipes of Peace.

I went to see him recently. I wasn't disappointed that he omitted all of the material from this minor non-classic.

Paid £10 for it 27 years ago.....

Goes to show
    (i) How expensive music was back in the day. (£10 is roughly €12.60. I'd imagine thats the equivalent of about €30 today).
    (ii) How old I am getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It was just after Christmas in early 1976. I bought Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run. I turned eight in June of that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Queen's Greatest Hits in June 87. I was 13.

I think I paid £7.95 for it on tape in the Ilac Centre.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Meteora by Linkin Park :o
    Still has sentimental value for me, even though it's rubbish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Dare by The Human League... I was 15

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

First album I had bought for me was Sash! - It's My Life. I was eight.

First album I remember buying is The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole. I was about ten.

LadyW wrote: »
    Dare by The Human League... I was 15

i would of loved to be around to buy that album if i was young

i love the whole synth movement from the 80's and im an 80's electronic freak!!!! thats so kool man, is it vinyl or casseste??? my uncle has the original vinyl of john foxx metamatic :D:D:D he wont give it to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Haha! Mine was Nirvana In Utero! Bought in heartbeat city in Kilkenny out of my birthday money although I can't remember what age I was, I think I was 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

AVA: It's on vinyl... Brilliant album... I even have the "remix" album of Dare called Love & Dancing. I can recommend both if you like the synth kind of thing. Also, you should check out Upstairs at Erics by Yazoo, Luxury Gap by Heaven 17 and Architecture & Morality by OMD...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

I was 11 or 12
    Nickleback - Silver side up
    Twas the ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

pretty sure it was Bark at the Moon by Ozzy Osbourne. Was probably about 15 at the time

LadyW wrote: »
    AVA: It's on vinyl... Brilliant album... I even have the "remix" album of Dare called Love & Dancing. I can recommend both if you like the synth kind of thing. Also, you should check out Upstairs at Erics by Yazoo, Luxury Gap by Heaven 17 and Architecture & Morality by OMD...

oh i have all them along time :)
    yazoo : you and me both, upstairs at erics

human league : reproductions, travelogue, dare . . .and the others . . not so much:p

the normal: just random songs

YMO- que . other songs aswell

not mad into heaven 17, and o.m.d just annoy me :/
    depeche mode: speak and spel:D:D big style

i listen to these everyday and never gets old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Oasis%20-%20(Whats%20The%20Story)%20Morning%20Glory.jpg

I bought this on cassette when i was 9. I've since lost it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

arc-monk.jpg

:D A pretty good album too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Def Leppard - Hysteria

on vinyl - I was about 15/16

album_04.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

^ I got Hysteria at around the age of 12 on cassette, I remember because I used to always play it on my HUGE Sony walkman at the time!

My first purchase was the Rocky IV soundtrack on vinyl... bought it when it came out in 1985 which meant I was 9. Pretty sure it was bought in the music shop that used to be downstairs in Arnotts, thats gone a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

My first purchase was the Rocky IV soundtrack on vinyl... bought it when it came out in 1985 which meant I was 9. Pretty sure it was bought in the music shop that used to be downstairs in Arnotts, thats gone a long time!

In the burnin' heart, just about tooo burst!
    Rocky always delivers the tunes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

arc-monk.jpg

:D A pretty good album too

I love that cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭jasonb

Eurythmics - Touch. Bought it on tape in the Ilac around '83, so I would have been 9 or 10. Those were the days... :)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

With money from my 11th birthday i bought Nirvana's Nevermind, Smashing Pumpkin's Siamese Dreams and Metalica's Master of Puppets on tape in the Record Room, Sligo where we were passing through at the time.

(I also got 'Cantona 7' but on the back of my jersey :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Something by the Saw Doctors when I was about 7-8. It had "I use'ta love her" on it. Choon!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Telekon by Gary Numan when I was 12 or so. Still have it, still like it, although my taste went more rock shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Best. Decision. Ever.

Edit: I was about 12. The album was second hand. It was like 2007 or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Think it was Silver Side Up by Nickleback when I was 12 :o.

Advertisement