Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how do you think you did? / will you get your course?

• 27-06-2010 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Will how you performed in your own mind be enough to get you into college? I'm looking for around 450+ and that should be more than enough for BIS in UCC (unless it shoots from 390 last year to 480 this year :P:eek:)

I say I'm looking at that if things with regards to correcting go my way.

Chemistry HL - hopefully a B1, but can't see that, so B2 probably.
    English HL -Always get B2's, so hope this is the same.
    Geography HL - A2 should be my grade considering I feel I did better than I did in my pre and I got 87% in the pre. But you never know.
    Irish OL - not counting it.
    French HL - B2 probably, if I'm lucky a B1
    Maths OL - B2-A2. Not quite sure, doesn't matter too much really.
    Business HL - did bad compared to my usual standards, so probably a B2. Not saying a B2 isn't a good grade, because its a very good one. But the amount of work I did all year I felt (as my teacher did) merited an A1. But hey, doesn't matter. (unless I have to repeat haha)

That is if things go according to how I felt I did however, which usually isn't too accurate if I'm being honest :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

TBH I don't want to think about it that much because I will probably raise my hopes up a bit too high and then be really disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I'm guessing between 0-600 points. I seriouisly don't know. I feel like I did very well in Maths, but when I went home, I realise I made loads of mistakes. I don't even know if I passed HL english!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Unlike most other people, I can never tell how I did in an exam afterwards! I know whether I passed or failed, but I couldn't possibly tell whether I got an A B or C, never mind the denominations within those grades!

I try not to think about exams too much because the more I think about them, the more mistakes I think I made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

i reckon i got between 300-360.... the lowest amount of points I have down on my CAO is 365... As long as i get that ill be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I have no idea, it was a lot harder than my mocks so i'm pretty sure I got lower than 430 but then again I studied so much more and put in a lot more hard work. I'd love 440 for my first choice (if it doesn't go up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Maths A1-Absolutely, 100% nailed on.

Applied Maths A1-Same as above.

Accounting A1-Same as above.

Chemistry A1-Pretty confident, I know I made 1 or 2 mistakes but I don't think it was 40 marks worth.

History A1-Hard to predict, but I felt I did really well, I'd covered all the topics and knew it really well.

English B1-The hardest to predict. Could be an A1, could be a B2, can't really tell. My essay was just OK, but my Paper 2 was excellent.

German B3-Really, really good, much easier than I was expecting.

Irish C2-Really fúcked up Paper 2, but I did a good Oral. I'll be happy with an honour.

All Higher Level

That leaves me on 585, which I'd be pretty happy with!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Chemistry A1-Pretty confident, I know I made 1 or 2 mistakes but I don't think it was 40 marks worth.

History A1-Hard to predict, but I felt I did really well, I'd covered all the topics and knew it really well.

All Higher Level

Jez your a clever one aren't you?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

English B1-The hardest to predict. Could be an A1, could be a B2, can't really tell. My essay was just OK, but my Paper 2 was excellent.

German B3-Really, really good, much easier than I was expecting.

Irish C2-Really fúcked up Paper 2, but I did a good Oral. I'll be happy with an honour.

All Higher Level

No need to boast . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

madlad88 wrote: »
    No need to boast . . .
    This is a thread asking people how they think they got on, so it's hardly boasting. He/she was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I think I did dire to be perfectly honest.
    Will range from 300-340 so I'll be repeating, some subjects anyway

Irish - Oral was good, Tapework also a disaster, talked ****e for the written. C2 hopefully
    Accounting - Another disaster, didn't do well. Lucky to pass again. D2 if lucky.
    Construction - A right nasty exam, we weren't prepared for it at all. C2 if lucky.
    Maths - P1 had tricky bits, P2 simple enough. Should be a C1 or B3, but won't count it.
    French - Lucky to pass. Bad oral, terrible tapework and an average exam. I'd take a D2
    English - Think I did very good here, hope so anyway. B3 hopefully!
    History - Did ok, should've done better. C2 I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

madlad88 wrote: »
    No need to boast . . .
    There's a big difference between thinking you got 585 points and actually getting 585 points. I remember someone from last year bragging about how they got 550+ easily and had their course in the bag. Come August they were back talking about repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Lawliet wrote: »
    There's a big difference between thinking you got 585 points and actually getting 585 points. I remember someone from last year bragging about how they got 550+ easily and had their course in the bag. Come August they were back talking about repeating.

After following the maths, applied maths and chemistry aftermath threads I think it's fairly safe to say that he is getting 585.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Do you feel confident about getting your 1st choice course come August?

Personally I'm delighted with how the leaving went and reckon I'll get 520-540 which will leave me comfortably above last years points for my desired course (Commerce+Accounting NUIG 465)

What of the rest of you? How nervous will you be come results day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Do you feel confident about getting your 1st choice course come August?

Personally I'm delighted with how the leaving went and reckon I'll get 520-540 which will leave me comfortably above last years points for my desired course (Commerce+Accounting NUIG 465)

What of the rest of you? How nervous will you be come results day?
    Im not sure. Everything was going great until that horrid AG test. I was looking for 475 for Primary Teaching in Pats, which I think will be very touch and go right now.

English-So happy with this probably the two best English test I have ever done really hopeful of a B1

Maths-Paper 1 was unbelievably easy and I definitely got over 90% in it, however my school was part of the project maths trial so we faced paper 2 with only 2 bloody sample papers found it quite tough-although our teacher believes that we will 'looked after' in the marking scheme-hopeful of an A2 or possibly an A1 depending on how easy paper 2 is marked

Geography-Probably my 2nd best subject and definitely the one that I have enjoyed the most over the past 5 years-exam went quite well wrote plenty for every question along with a very solid project I'd expect an A1 here

Accounting-My best subject by a mile although the exam itself was quite tricky in parts I was well prepared and expect an A1 in August

Economics-after our ridiculously easy mock paper were nearly everyone in our class got above 80%, I was worried that this would prove to be very difficult-fortunately I had 4 full days of cramming beforehand and this helped be immensely-hopeful of at least an A2

French-By far my worst subject and I seriously neglected it after our orals-be very lucky to get a C1 after a hard exam paper

Irish-my only pass subject so I didn't do a tap of study all year for it-left both exams after 35mins to go home and study for other subjects!-C3 likely

So overall between 520-550 would be delighted with results like that!

Jez your a clever one aren't you?:pac:
    Yes. :D

I'm not trying to boast, I'm answering the thread. Anyway, 585 won't be a big deal in my house, my sister got 600 last year. :(

Yes. :D

I'm not trying to boast, I'm answering the thread. Anyway, 585 won't be a big deal in my house, my sister got 600 last year. :(

I'm trying to beat my brother and sister who both got 460 should have done it quite easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

500 - 585

Yeah. I need 4As (A1s or A2s doesn't matter) and 1 B, including As in Maths and Applied Maths. I'm certain I got those two, plus Accounting, and very confident about Chemistry and History too, so I should get it comfortably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Chemistry - A1

Biology - A1

DCG - A1

Geography - A1

Business - A2

And the absolute disaster, Ag Science - B1/B2

So hopefully i should land around 570/580ish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I honestly have no idea how I got on, now that I think about it. Hopefully I got approx. 400 points =/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

All HL

Accounting - B1 / A2
    Maths - B1 / A2
    Geography - A1 (not boasting, but I was really pleased with it! :o)
    Irish - C3 / C2
    French - C2 / C1
    English - C1/B3
    Applied Maths - B1/A2, if I'm really lucky an A1

Advertisement