Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving sms messages from USA or Canada on 3 Best of both?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 2:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, a few friends in the US have tried to text me and and not getting any of their messages, I can send to the US and Canada no problem but I can't receive.

Anybody know if this on all 3 plans and is just an issue with the network or is there a problem with my plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Might sounds silly, but are they using your number correctly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They reply to the number i text them from? so im guessing they are replying +353851234567

That should be fine then if they are doing that. What network are they on? Are they irish sims roaming, or are they US network sims?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Works fine on pay as you go as of now, and full billpay as of six months ago.

Davy wrote: »
    That should be fine then if they are doing that. What network are they on? Are they irish sims roaming, or are they US network sims?

They are american and canadian residents and are on american/canadian networks.

I have both credit and flexi0units (B.O.B.).

• Advertisement

Have they had problems texting you before? Im thinking its more to do with them rather than you

nope, they were able to text me when i was meteor a few months ago...

It must be no agreement between the the networks, leaving you with not much able to do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i came across the same problem regarding a Finnish operator. they could receive my texts, but i couldn't get theirs. In the end i moved from meteor because of it. Its all to do with agreements certain providers have with each other!

Advertisement