Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ideas

Options
  • 27-06-2010 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

this is a rough plan of my garden when its finished

two sheds down teh end of garden washing line with a path ,

decking out side house with 2 wooden flower pots on either side with a wooden seat and table on one side of decking

what do you think would be the best way to get to the sheds rather than walking on wet grass the doors are at edge of lawn

if anyone has any beter ideas or recommendtions to change would be great thanks

kkkkkkk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are the two sheds the same proportions as shown on the plan? They are very long, what size are they, just to give an idea of the size of the garden. Are they just for use or are they decorative? Will there just be foot access or will you need to move things in and out of them?

Your plan is very symetrical, and you have the washing line as the central feature. Its hard to know how much space you have, but could you not put the two sheds are right angles to each other in one end corner of the garden, with a square of paving in front and the washing line there. access by a path near the side boundry. Put a tree/large shrub between the patio and the corner, just as a distraction. Put your feature items to the other side of the garden with a path leading in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

are you goint to camoflague those sheds, or put something fance around them, they look overpowering there, come up with a good idea how to face them as they will take the eye down to them as they are, say bamboo right across the front, it would have to be natural, or a high railing with the same material as the patio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Avoid dissecting/splitting the lawn area with a pathway into 2 areas, makes the lawn look smaller. Why not put the path to oneside, left or right and then run across the rear in front of sheds for access? Some screening (but I doubt the space is insufficient for planting Bamboo which will invade lawn unless of course they're planted in containers) may probably be required to reduce the dominant visibility of sheds.

Decking at house is also a bad idea and put access to lawn offcentre.

Overall, scope is limited but it does look a little too linear with lots of rectangular footprints. A sweeping curve to pathway or perimeter planting areas would help soften an otherwise 'square and uninteresting layout'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

the sheds are 6x8 cabin sheds from keely barna shed,
    they will be used

i have an old path there was thinkiing of putting slabs down

Why is decking bad at a house

If your sheds are 6 x 8 the scale of your drawing is a bit misleading. If you are working at ground level I agree that decking isn't the best, it needs maintaining for starters. Would you consider a paved patio?

I think you need to give us a bit more information to get useful suggestions - what are the measurements of the garden, is there a particular reason for having the sheds across the bottom, how important is it to you to have the very symetrical layout?

• Advertisement

im sorry i should hav edone it better, the garden is 22feet x 50 feet roughly,

its the mothers house so i was trying to make it as user friendly as possible

with little maintenace, i was thinking of putting slate slabs seen them in home base there not very thick from path to the shed ,

i did think of paving but i might be using a company called it wood they seem pretty good

OK, that makes a difference. The garden is less than half as wide as it is long, and the two 8' sheds will just about fit across the bottom. You really need to leave a minimum of a foot, preferably 18 inches clearance all round, that means that there will not be space between them for the feature.

I would suggest you do a curving path from the house to the sheds that will go across the front of both the sheds, and put the washing line over to one side, accessible from the path.

Presumably safety would be a main concern for your mother, so I would be doubtful about using thin slate pavings. Slate could be slippery, and thin paving is not as secure as solid paving, unless you are proposing to set it in concrete. Likewise paving for a patio would be safer than wood in wet or frosty weather.

could u show me in a diagram or picture plan i have, would you make it all the one,

i think whether you have slabs or fencing there still slippy

Advertisement