Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anti-Americanism in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I have nothing against the American people a a whole, though I have been known to criticise the administration.

On the other hand, I have met some truly obnoxious Americans, who seem to think that, by virtue of being American, and having a lot of money, they are better than anyone else.
    I'm not stupid enough to think that all American are like that, though!

In all honesty, had the American administration not vetoed the UN resolution calling for an independent inquiry into the Israeli attack on the Gaza aid flotilla, I might have had some respect for them.

OP, don't make the mistake of interpreting dislike of American foreign policy, as being dislike of America or Americans - I've never spoken to a single Irish person who hates Americans, but I have often heard dislike of American foreign policy expressed. The two issues are not related.

Noreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't hate Americans but unfortunately the ones that seem to visit here don't really endear themselves with their ignorance of politics etc.
    :D

If your political system actually worked, and by consequence made any sense, I might have a passing interest.

Until then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Noreen1 wrote: »
    On the other hand, I have met some truly obnoxious Americans, who seem to think that, by virtue of being American, and having a lot of money, they are better than anyone else.
    I think the obnoxious American is a rare enough thing. Most of the Americans that leave the country are the intelligent ones that know something about the world outside of the US. Any I've meet around Europe seem to spend half their time worrying about how other perceive them and apologising for GWBush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Overheal wrote: »
    :D

If your political system actually worked, and by consequence made any sense, I might have a passing interest.

Until then..

people in glass houses....

people in glass houses....
    Back at ya. People coming on here, saying our voting system doesn't work. Does Waterford have a TD yet?

I also can't understand people who cite GWB as a reason to discriminate against americans, or "war mongering" when we're still on target for troop withdrawals in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Back at ya. People coming on here, saying our voting system doesn't work. Does Waterford have a TD yet?

I also can't understand people who cite GWB as a reason to discriminate against americans, or "war mongering" when we're still on target for troop withdrawals in August.

college electoral system! Waterford actually has several TD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

As you can see OP, some people have an insatiable need to put massive groups of people in a box - says more about them than Americans though.

college electoral system! Waterford actually has several TD's.
    Then not as many as Democracy requires, if I'm reading correctly?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66581451

And all this bull**** of postponing elections, whats that about. Democracy inaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I hate the likes of Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly, Fox news who have manipulated symphaty for the September 11th attacks to justify and rationalise the stripping away of every ideal that I love about the country.

The OP suggests that Irish people should love America becase they have restrained themselves from ever extending their empire to Ireland. that by not killing us fo far we should be grateful. Well, yes, thanks for not killing me and my family, I appreciate that much, I just expected more from the US.

If you whould like to have a clearer understanding of so-called anti american sentiment I would encourage you to watch playright Harold Pinters Nobel prize acceptance speech from 2005. Pinter emphasises that he criticises policies and practices of American administrations (and those who voted for them), not all American citizens, many of whom he recognises as "demonstrably sickened, shamed and angered by their government's actions".

you can't get The Daily Show or Jon Stewart in Ireland can you. Guy loves nothing more than pointing out the hypocrisy of Glen Beck or O'Reilly. though to be fair to Bill, Glen makes him look certifiably moderate.

Here's more from Lewis Black

Worth noting Jon Stewart is largely considered the most trusted reporter on television.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Any many thousands of smart people are lured to the US from all around the world, simply because the Americans throw a lot of money into advancement in these areas.

The US gets all of the credit, even though the ones delivering the goods may not be American.

Take the Ipod, invented by an English guy, Kane Kramer. It apparently took 30 years for Apple to own up to this, and most people had assumed that Steve Jobs invented it.

To be fair, do you honestly think that a majority of the people in those university aren't American?

Some of the most odious pundits are Irish-American - O'Reilly, Hannitty and Gallagher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

and some of the circuitry that guides things that make loud bangs in the swat valley would not be part designed and produced at intel

That is the least smart argument ever. Basically you are saying that any country which manufactures stuff used by Americas army ( or any army you are opposed to) is culpable in what that army does - regardless of who owns the company, or wether the stuff is bought on the open market.

So, therefore, any food, clothing, shoes, etc. made or grown anywhere - Taiwan, China, Nigeria is non-neutral.

A chairde.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

you can't get The Daily Show or Jon Stewart in Ireland can you.

Yep. On Channel4 (from the UK)

Dudess wrote: »
    Some of the most odious pundits are Irish-American - O'Reilly, Hannitty and Gallagher.
    I can at least see where bill is coming from. Glenn believes what he preaches and he's a complete lunatic. And Hannity - Hannity knows that he's lying through his teeth. And it makes me wanna punch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    To be fair could you locate all US states (and Canadian provinces) on a map and name their capitals ?

yes i can and most of my friends would be able to locate about 80% of them.what type of person would travel to a forgein country and not even know if it is a country or part of another union or not ? 1 word ignorance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1. The US military is corrupted with dumb-as-**** Rambo wanna-be's who think they're playing some kind of game, and who follow orders blindly.

2. A country which denounces religious fundamentalist in other countries, and yet tolerates, and even promotes religious fundamentalism within its own borders.

3. US 'Church' & state are still strongly connected, which is a bad bad thing. Ireland is finally getting a way from this kind of state, and I guess the US serves as a reminder of how stupid we were not so long ago.

4. A country that seems hell bent on forcing other countries to follow the 'American way of life' & values. There is a fundamental lack of respect for other cultures.

5. A country that appears to love being at war with someone.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

6. A country that claims to be the 'greatest country on earth' and yet suffers from terrible internal social & economic problems, mostly caused by greed (extreme capitalism).

7. The overwhelming, and often negative impact of American culture being spread worldwide, often at the expense of local culture. Whilst not directly the fault of the US, it is something which angers many people.

8. In recent years, the US has become more racist, especially towards middle-eastern people.

On the plus side, Americans are some of the nicest, and certainly the most generous people I've ever had the privilege to meet. And they made The Simpsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Osu wrote: »
    Being Irish-American born in the US to Irish parents this is my point of view on the avid anti-American stance in Ireland.

I find it quite funny and hilariously sad the severe Anti-American stance in Ireland. Some people I meet in Ireland have some sort of hatred towards the States. For what reason, I can't comprehend. It makes no sense at all the fact that a lot of Irish people seem to think it's okay to hate America.

It makes no sense at all. Any Anti-American topic on here seems to go down well, but any topic regarding any any-British content seems to be a taboo subject for you guys.

I can't get my head around this fact that you hate us more than you hate the British. We have been the most accepting country of Irish immigrants, we are the country who love the Irish, yet we're hated.

We have never tried to colonize your country, obviously, yet the Anti-American bias holds stronger than the anti-British bias over here. That point is merely a comparison between ourselves and the British.

Can somebody shed some light on this for me? Why are Americans hated over here?

Any great reasons?

Answer in a nutshell, American foreign policy since 1945.

I'm american born NYC ,came over here at 12 ,and then there was a lot of anti american feeling then.Not so much anymore.

I've very rarely in recent years seen any evidence in ordinary life to prove what you're saying is true.

When I tell people that I have a US citizenship they ask me what I am doing here ,in fact IMO most irish people would love to move to the states.

The biggest natzi's in Ireland has to be passport control .If an irish person coming in with an american passport ,the hassle you will get from them is not worth it .

The likes of you tube and forums are a mecca for idiots with a mental age of 5 so I wouldn't take any notice.

Irish tend to prejudge Americans as dumb and gullible , well Americans are gullible simply because in theyre day to day life theyre very upfront with their feelings towards people etc theres no real cloaking anything or pretending to like so and with them its WYSIWYG.

I've had 2 ex's from the USA and none of them were dumb.I like americans .I get on extremely well with them,some of them are pretty intense and serious but other than that theyre fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Can i just point something out, if you are born in America then you are American, not Irish. If we all want to trace back the family roots then we are all African in the end.Otherwise you are from where you are born. I dont hate the Americans either by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

If people actually learned about the early history of the United States they would be aware that the yanks deplored the Irish. Saying that I have nothing against them. Isnt there about 40 million of them with Irish ancestry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

I like Americans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

BumbleB wrote: »
    The biggest natzi's in Ireland has to be passport control .If an irish person coming in with an american passport ,the hassle you will get from them is not worth it .

Why FFS

Is illegal immigration from the US to Ireland really such a big problem ?

And even if it were is it not a bit hypocritical given all the whining about the "undocumented Irish" (TM)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I like america. I haven't met any Irish person in my life who has any real animosity towards americans or america. People can just be dicks on a forum.

exactly people just give out on forums. If you are basing your anti-American theory on forum posts/threads then you really need to get out more. Dumbass jokes aside (which in fairness we get enough of the Leprechaun bullsh*t in return) I think that Irish sentiment towards America is overwhelmingly positive and rightly so

Why FFS

. Is illegal immigration from the US to Ireland really such a big problem ?

And even if it were is it not a bit hypocritical given all the whining about the "undocumented Irish" (TM)

I wouldn't say so

Its not that , I used to always use my american passport all .I wasn't bothered getting an Irish one because of the bull associated getting one. They used to mark it valid stay for 3 months only .BTW you can get a new passport to the states in an hour.

The last few times I was stopped and interogated by passport control. They said I was not an Irish citizen unless I had an Irish passport ,even though my parents are Irish .They marked my passport so I couldn't get into the country again.So I got one. Its made life a lot easier.

1. The US military is corrupted with dumb-as-**** Rambo wanna-be's who think they're playing some kind of game, and who follow orders blindly.

2. A country which denounces religious fundamentalist in other countries, and yet tolerates, and even promotes religious fundamentalism within its own borders.

3. US 'Church' & state are still strongly connected, which is a bad bad thing. Ireland is finally getting a way from this kind of state, and I guess the US serves as a reminder of how stupid we were not so long ago.

4. A country that seems hell bent on forcing other countries to follow the 'American way of life' & values. There is a fundamental lack of respect for other cultures.

5. A country that appears to love being at war with someone.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

6. A country that claims to be the 'greatest country on earth' and yet suffers from terrible internal social & economic problems, mostly caused by greed (extreme capitalism).

7. The overwhelming, and often negative impact of American culture being spread worldwide, often at the expense of local culture. Whilst not directly the fault of the US, it is something which angers many people.

8. In recent years, the US has become more racist, especially towards middle-eastern people.

On the plus side, Americans are some of the nicest, and certainly the most generous people I've ever had the privilege to meet. And they made The Simpsons.

Most of that is wrong, or wrong-headed ( although I would agree that there are some assholes in the American Army, it is quite a smart outfit in general, more meritocratic than the British Army and one of the most integrated parts of American society).

No 3). is the least intelligent comment I have read on this forum in a long time. A very long time.

Irish ( and British) secularists are trying to copy the American example of a strong division between Church and State, a division enforced by the judiciary.. something which they have had since the foundation.

You are confusing a secular state with an irreligious people - In the US the State is secular but the people religious ( although the church going population is less than 50%).

Britain is the opposite, a theological State with a secularised population.

This thread is amusing considering that America is often accused of ignorance ( about a tiny little Island) but the discussion about America is based on half truths, un-truths and a lack of historical understanding which is appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Pittens wrote: »
    I have a solution to Anti-Americanism though. Everybody who is anti-American can sign a form and consume no technology, movies, software, or music which originates in the US.

That's fine, everything is made in China these days anyway.

That's fine, everything is made in China these days anyway.

and designed in california. But good luck with your music collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Most of that is wrong, or wrong-headed ( although I would agree that there are some assholes in the American Army, it is quite a smart outfit in general, more meritocratic than the British Army and one of the most integrated parts of American society).

No 3). is the least intelligent comment I have read on this forum in a long time. A very long time.

Irish ( and British) secularists are trying to copy the American example of a strong division between Church and State, a division enforced by the judiciary.. something which they have had since the foundation.

You are confusing a secular state with an irreligious people - In the US the State is secular but the people religious ( although the church going population is less than 50%).

This thread is amusing considering that America is often accused of ignorance ( about a tiny little Island) but the discussion about America is based on half truths, un-truths and a lack of historical understanding which is appalling.

With the exception of 1 and 3 you didn't address how any of that post is wrong or wrong-headed. Even if most of that post is wrong anyone of those reasons is grounds enough for dislike.

As posted by most people, America is not so much hated as treated with bemusement by people in Ireland. Even then disliking something is an entirely subjective thing and it is a fact that some (a lot in my experience) Americans do promote the points posted by CrazyRabbit. I don't hate or even dislike Americans, but some of their policies and attitudes (to themselves and other nationalities) border on disgusting in my opinion.

The same good be said about any number of other nationalities too of course.

With the exception of 1 and 3 you didn't address how any of that post is wrong or wrong-headed. Even if most of that post is wrong anyone of those reasons is grounds enough for dislike.

As I said number 3 is a huge mistake ( and 2 is the same argument). Most of the rest is wrong too - there is little evidence of a rise in racism in the US compared to Europe ( look at the parties who win elections).

But I cant go through them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

They said I was not an Irish citizen unless I had an Irish passport .

Lots of Irish citizens dont have passports of any kind

Are they stateless ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

As I said number 3 is a huge mistake ( and 2 is the same argument). Most of the rest is wrong too - there is little evidence of a rise in racism in the US compared to Europe ( look at the parties who win elections).

But I cant go through them all.

Ok but my point still stands that people disliking America(ns) is mainly a subjective thing and is not dependant on actual "facts" as such. As for point 3: America, as you say is a secular state but (and I think this is what CrazyRabbit was getting at) religious American politicians are more likely to use their religion as a basis for forming opinions and making decisions especially regarding things like abortion etc.
    This isn't necessarily a criticism by the way - fair play to them if that's what they really believe. Better that than the lip service paid by many Irish politicians. On the other hand in a country with people of so many denominations, religion should not play a major role in politics. Hence the separation of church and state which is nice in theory, but it does not always turn out that way.

Again in my experience I would agree somewhat with points 4 and 6. Luckily, this is not true of all Americans, or indeed all the Americans I've had the pleasure of meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Americans, unlike the Irish, admire success. For that alone I'd love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

If I criticize America, Americans call me anti-American; if I criticize Ireland, nobody calls me anti-Irish; if I criticize France, nobody calls me anti-French.

I think the Americans are super-sensitive.

(I'm just being critical of laws, politics, attitudes or customs! Doesn't mean I hate everyone there!)

I'm sorry but did my ISP route me to an alternate dimension?

The Seperation of Church and State has been Constitutional for hundreds of years. No church dictates federal or state level policy. Which is more than I can say for Ireland and Catholicism. Education much?

I don't know what you've been smoking. Or as Pittens says do you not grasp the difference between a religious society and a religious government?

Lots of Irish citizens dont have passports of any kind

Are they stateless ?

I know , thats exactly what I said to the moron at passport control.

I wouldn't say so

Its not that , I used to always use my american passport all .I wasn't bothered getting an Irish one because of the bull associated getting one. They used to mark it valid stay for 3 months only .BTW you can get a new passport to the states in an hour.

The last few times I was stopped and interogated by passport control. They said I was not an Irish citizen unless I had an Irish passport ,even though my parents are Irish .They marked my passport so I couldn't get into the country again.So I got one. Its made life a lot easier.
    As far as immigration control is concerned though there's no document at that time on your person that says you're a citizen.

@Mike1972: Of course they're still irish, but you still need a passport when passing through border control points, like in the Shannon departure terminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In the American version of rugby they have to wear all that head and other gear. What a bunch of wimps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

if your born in America you AMERICAN , no your not Irish American simple as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laugh my ass off when i here African american, your not african:mad::mad: i have a friend from Africa and he said that if a so called "African American" comes to Africa on their holidays they are laughed at, reason is the arent even black :confused:

If your born in Ireland your IRISH,
    I was in NY once and a guy started a fight in a bar, the cops were called his reason for picking the fight was that he was a 1/4 Irish and that its in his genes to fight everyone:eek:

i lived in california for 6 years as a teenager and in those 6 years i told every chick i met i was bonos brother:D and 99.99999999% of time i got "LAID" :eek: because of it..........

when i got enough money i got the hell back to Ireland and haven't wanted to leave LOL

the only "Americans" per sa i was friends with were either military kids whose parents were shipped all over the world as they werent Americanized and had a sense of humor also Mexican or Latinos as they are much like the Irish;)

IMOP I think the Irish dislike America is because when the irish moved to the states because of the,famine,war or looking better lives we were treated like slaves. the Irish, Japanese, Mexican, Blacks etc etc built your country and were treated like "SLAVES"

So yes Anti-Americanism in Ireland is alive an well here!!!!:D

One more thing JFK was AMERICAN not Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

They took the credit for all the work we did.

These are the hands that built america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dudess wrote: »
    It's Dubya and the notion that Americans are dumb just because a lot of dumb stuff is reported from there. But I haven't observed it to be as widespread here as you say, OP.

Irish people are stupid. Its not as if we can belittle any other nation for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's a lazy intellectual option beloved of European snobs.

While there is much to dislike about the US politically, the people that lazily brand America as a nation of fat gun-toting fools and gainsay their massive contribution to literature, modern culture, music, arts and technology are the real fools.

Spunk84 wrote: »
    if your born in America you AMERICAN , no your not Irish American simple as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laugh my ass off when i here African american, your not african:mad::mad: i have a friend from Africa and he said that if a so called "African American" comes to Africa on their holidays they are laughed at, reason is the arent even black :confused:

If your born in Ireland your IRISH,
    I was in NY once and a guy started a fight in a bar, the cops were called his reason for picking the fight was that he was a 1/4 Irish and that its in his genes to fight everyone:eek:

i lived in california for 6 years as a teenager and in those 6 years i told every chick i met i was bonos brother:D and 99.99999999% of time i got "LAID" :eek: because of it..........

when i got enough money i got the hell back to Ireland and haven't wanted to leave LOL

the only "Americans" per sa i was friends with were either military kids whose parents were shipped all over the world as they werent Americanized and had a sense of humor also Mexican or Latinos as they are much like the Irish;)

IMOP I think the Irish dislike America is because when the irish moved to the states because of the,famine,war or looking better lives we were treated like slaves. the Irish, Japanese, Mexican, Blacks etc etc built your country and were treated like "SLAVES"

So yes Anti-Americanism in Ireland is alive an well here!!!!:D

One more thing JFK was AMERICAN not Irish
    It's rare that someone actually is able to Lose the Internet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

3. US 'Church' & state are still strongly connected,

What he said.

The Seperation of Church and State .......

What you said. I don't think you're getting the point. I happen to agree with CrazyRabbit (I think).

orourkeda wrote: »
    Irish people are stupid. Its not as if we can belittle any other nation for this.
    :confused:

Some Irish people are stupid, some Americans are stupid, like any country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

stovelid wrote: »

While there is much to dislike about the US politically, the people that lazily brand America as a nation of fat gun-toting fools and gainsay their massive contribution to literature, modern culture, music, arts and technology are the real fools.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to hypocritically poke fun at fat American gun-toting citizens for cheap joke purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

To be fair, do you honestly think that a majority of the people in those university aren't American?

It would be more than naive to think that most of them wouldn't be American, but they are working alongside the cream of students from overseas.

As has happened over the generations, many of the foreign students become American citizens, and their descendants become American students.

The ones who never go home leave their home countries at an intellectual and technological disadvantage.

redout wrote: »
    If people actually learned about the early history of the United States they would be aware that the yanks deplored the Irish.
    Protestant settlers deplored Irish settlers yes, but today that's not really as relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭supermonkey

stovelid wrote: »

Those who lazily brand those who lazily brand America as a nation of fat gun toting fools are the real fools.

There are three hundred million Americans. It is no surprise that there are some smart Americans but the Vast Vast majority are morons.

This is no surprise. Americans are descended from the scum of the world. Those who wouldn't work to build up their own countries but preferred to run off halfway across the world to eat big macs, get aids, watch child porn and smoke meth.
    Just telling it like it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The Seperation of Church and State has been Constitutional for hundreds of years. No church dictates federal or state level policy. Which is more than I can say for Ireland and Catholicism. Education much?

I don't know what you've been smoking. Or as Pittens says do you not grasp the difference between a religious society and a religious government?

Just look at all the US Senators and Governors who base their election campaigns on religious ideals. Look at the government officials who force creationism to be taught in schools. Listen to anti-gay politicians blocking gay equality laws with references to 'immoral' and 'unatural' & 'un-Christian' acts. Listen to every presidential speech and you'll hear multiple references to God. Hell, look at the US currency with its "In God we trust" emblazoned across its notes.

Their constitution & laws may separate church from state, but that's not how things actually work over there.

There is no genuine separation of religion & state in the US. And it allows some really screwed up governmental decisions (creationism being taught in schools is an easy example). Any time religion gets its grubby little hands on a government, nothing good comes from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭supermonkey

Why is it appalling this is an Irish message board. We have no interest in your degenerate crack smoking, jive talking, child raping, clown dressing up and teenager murdering, stolen from the indians, roy rogers eating, by bears getting eaten, if you don't live here don't surf here writing America.

Just leave and leave us alone.

One other thing.
    Americans think their country is diverse but it is nightmarishly homogeneous. Drive from New York State to Michigan or Massachusetts to west Virginia and you see the same town layouts, the same magazines and the same shops. It is a sort of dystopian hell.
    I wouldn't say so

See what I was saying about the people who went to America. This creature isn't even aware of what an honour it is to be Irish. It should be an Irish passport and only an Irish passport that it has.
    orourkeda wrote: »
    Ireland has the 2nd lowest IQ of any developed nation (only Croatia is lower) but we've got soul.

Advertisement