Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anti-Americanism in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They got confidence and not afraid to shout out loud :cool:

You can read anywhere that the New York Giants are World Champions after their superbowl win

If I came on boards and said Dublin and Kilkenny were World Champions I might be technically correct but I'd be ridiculed and laughed out of the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Le King wrote: »
    Being Irish-American born in the US to Irish parents this is my point of view on the avid anti-American stance in Ireland.

I find it quite funny and hilariously sad the severe Anti-American stance in Ireland. Some people I meet in Ireland have some sort of hatred towards the States. For what reason, I can't comprehend. It makes no sense at all the fact that a lot of Irish people seem to think it's okay to hate America.

It makes no sense at all. Any Anti-American topic on here seems to go down well, but any topic regarding any any-British content seems to be a taboo subject for you guys.

I can't get my head around this fact that you hate us more than you hate the British. We have been the most accepting country of Irish immigrants, we are the country who love the Irish, yet we're hated.

We have never tried to colonize your country, obviously, yet the Anti-American bias holds stronger than the anti-British bias over here. That point is merely a comparison between ourselves and the British.

Can somebody shed some light on this for me? Why are Americans hated over here?

Any great reasons?

1. The Iraq war.
    2. The Afghanistan War.
    3. The Libyan war.
    3. American culture is different to Irish culture.
    4. Gadaffi supported the IRA by sending over 2 arms shipments to Ireland during the Troubles. America executed Gaddafi, using the rebels and NATO. Many Irish Republicans were supportive of Gaddafi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

I love America. A great bunch of lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

1. The Iraq war.
    2. The Afghanistan War.
    3. The Libyan war.
    3. American culture is different to Irish culture.
    4. Gadaffi supported the IRA by sending over 2 arms shipments to Ireland during the Troubles. America executed Gaddafi, using the rebels and NATO. Many Irish Republicans were supportive of Gaddafi.
    Any sensible reasons???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

I can honestly say that I have never heard even the SLIGHTEST bit of Anti-Americanism here, anywhere in Ireland. If anything, the Irish and Americans are well known for having a close-relationship...and has had for 100s of years!

I myself LOVE Americans and welcome them with arms open every summer. Where I live, we welcome MANY American tourists every year! I hope to travel to the U.S and explore it myself.

Everyone has something that annoys them or that they don't agree with - that's natural. Americans dislike and disagree with Bertie Ahern and Brian Cowen....the Irish (and certaintly I..) dislike and disagree with George Bush. These are natural opinions we all have. Definitely not Anti-Americanism.

Stating that there is Anti-Americanism in Ireland is VERY different from actually experiencing it. Have you actually come across it before? If not, then you can hardly say it is there so strongly...I assure you from my own experiences..it's not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

The IRA bit is quite ridiculous but aside from that, all of what he said constitute, imo, good reasons for disliking American foreign policy.

Not americans themselves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

I don't know any Irish people that hate Americans

I dislike some really stupid Americans, but I also dislike some really stupid Irish people.

Its not that we dislike the country, we just dsilike its really stupid people.
    e.g George W. Bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Gotta hate someone, right? We're a small country, we just wanna fit in with the rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Edz87 wrote: »
    Yeah we would want to tone down the anti-American sentiment here in Ireland.

Or else they might come and free the living sh­it out of us..

Yeah we hates freedom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

George W Bush has changed a lot of people. Also its just all the blind patriotism, flag waving, greatest country in the World stuff that pisses people off. That said a lot of it is just typical Irish moaning stuff, really we like America behind the facade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

50% of Americans are below average intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

First of all, to the OP, I would very much like to apologize on behalf of many of the Anti-American members of Ireland. Secondly, I think a lot of Irish people with Anti-American opinions are, more often than not, begrudgers.

Begrudgery is often triggered by bouts of jealousy towards a more successful person (group of people) or when someone develops a chip on their shoulder about a more successful person (group of people). In other words, people who develop an attitude of begrudgery often feel intimidated, outclassed or inferior. As such, people with this attitude often try to find any excuse or reason to put down their more successful contemporaries.

On a much larger scale, the USA has (traditionally) been miles ahead of Ireland especially, in the pre Celtic Tiger years. This is particularly evident when one compares the setting of a film in the 1950's in the USA with that set in Ireland at the same period. Furthermore, Dublin (Ireland's capital) is well over a Millennium old and has been dwarfed by New York (USA's capital and much younger city) many times over in terms of building size and population density. Finally, many of the shopping malls worldwide (Never-mind those in Ireland) are lined with shops or stacked with products that were founded on American soil. Among these are Pepsi, Coca-Cola, McDonald's and Burger King. Many begrudgers resent this success to cover up their lack of ambition.

Having said all of that, from a more balanced critical perspective, I can understand why hostility towards the United States of America grew during the Bush administration. However, this was mainly to do with his trigger-happy nature and his lack of intelligence and understanding of foreign affairs. For a president or any other authoritative figure, these attributes are deplorable. Nevertheless, this does not excuse xenophobia or any other form of discrimination towards the people under that administration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Warper wrote: »
    its just all the blind patriotism, flag waving, greatest country in the World stuff that pisses people off. That said a lot of it is just typical Irish moaning stuff, really we like America behind the facade.

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I like Americans on an individual basis. Those that I've met tend to be good company. However there is a critical mass - 3 in my experience.
    When 3 or more Americans get together ye turn into xenophobic paranoid zealots. Overbearing xenophobic paranoid zealots.

Take for example your use of the phrase Leader of the Free World. No one outside the States got a say in that election. Ye believe the world is contained within your borders and it's that attitude that irks and rankles the rest of us.

I know thats a sweeping generalisation but yaknow... [shrug]....

Waves to all the nice folk whose job it is to read stuff where buzzwords like American, zealot, paranoid, 'critical mass' and 'Leader of the Free World' are mentioned. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

for calling St Patrick's day St Patty's day, jeez at least say Paddy's day.

St Patty's day sounds like a cross-dressers parade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm sure when some americans think of Ireland they think of the dinner table scene in patriot games....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

americans constantly boast about their 1st amendment (right to free speech) but american people doesn't do what it preaches... the american government has so much censorship on ye its not even funny. Sopa is just the latest example of not having free speech anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

funny thing is in America they have hating countries institutionalised.. the French, the Russians, the Chinese, basically all of south America.. the Mexicans get an awful time. they have the fking cheek to come on here moaning about a perceived anti american sentiment in a country that allowed their war machines to stop over here and didnt even charge them for the juice...**** off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

It's only the Liberal Hippy Lefties that dont like americans in this country. The rest of us get on fine with Americans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Just because Americans are meant to love their country with a passion usually reserved for off spring, doesn't mean that because we aren't as zealous that we hate America.

If you hang an Irish flag outside your house it better be because there's a match on!

I can complain about many things American, just as I can complain about many things Irish.
    But diss America and it's like "Gasp! How could you. America is mighty and great and yada yada ya".
    Diss Ireland and it's like "Yeah you're right but sure, isn't it great craic all the same and at least we have something to talk about over a pint".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

From living in several parts of the US for over two years I have learned quite a lot about the people. Most people I met seem to be shallow with little interest or knowledge of what goes on outside their own country or even their own state for that matter.

I have nothing against the American people but I do have reservations about their international policies. America is fast heading down the slippery slope and is slowly but surely dragging other countries like the EU down with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

From living in several parts of the US for over two years I have learned quite a lot about the people. Most people I met seem to be shallow with little interest or knowledge of what goes on outside their own country or even their own state for that matter.

I have nothing against the American people but I do have reservations about their international policies. America is fast heading down the slippery slope and is slowly but surely dragging other countries like the EU down with it.

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

America's got a very "in your face" type of foreign policy and under the Bush administration, it really caused itself a LOT of PR damage.

I don't think that many Irish people are "anti-American" but they do tend to hold views that would be much closer to the middle/left wing of the US Democratic party and will tend to strongly disagree with many recent US foreign policy decisions.

There's nothing wrong with that, your best friend's often the person who can point out that you've got your pants on backwards, you should quit drinking, you've bad breath and you've put on 40lbs.

That being said, Obama seems to be hugely popular here in Ireland, as were the Kennedies and Clinton. Even Ronald Reagan was liked.

GW, Fox News and all that stuff tends to just rub Europeans up the wrong way. But, it rubs a lot of Americans up the wrong way too. It's just that sometimes that's all we hear from the US because your right-wing media's particularly vocal a lot of the time.

I think Americans need to understand that Europeans are HUGELY critical of authority, including their own Governments. We criticise EVERYTHING. Nothing's sacred. When we pull apart American foreign policy, or any other policy we don't necessarily see that as anything other than having a debate.

I find a lot of Americans get hyper-sensitive to any kind of criticism of their Government from outside.

I find Europeans tend to be highly patriotic about things like culture, food, football, sports, places, architecture etc.. but they'll quite happily slag off their Governments till the cows come home.

Where as if you say anything about the US Govt / Policy to Americans you tend to get serious upset from some of them.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    It's only the Liberal Hippy Lefties that dont like americans in this country. The rest of us get on fine with Americans.

There are many Catholics in this country who oppose their foreign policy as well. The Vatican does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Americans are grand. Im marrying one next month! Tbh i find Australians far more boorish and moronic than any american ive met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Eoin_

the problem with Americans, i think, stems from their tendency to do extremes. Although this can be a good trait, with many strong industries coming from driven people and the like, it also can be disastrous.

Religion, patriotism, politics etc are all done in excess and this annoys people. Some people shove their ideas down other people's throats and are unwilling to cooperate unless everyone agrees with them.

Another issue i personally have with the Americans is the apparent stupidity of around half the population. Whether they are pure ignorant of everything or if they are just very gullible is questionable, however multiples of stupid things that happen in America every year that drive me crazy. For example, pizza is now a vegetable......and this change came from the politicians, who are meant to be the leaders of your country!
    As Solair said above, we can't understand why people don't question and object to these things happening!

Yet another possible explanation for people's dislike of Americans is that the only Americans that one notices here in Europe are the loud, obnoxious, fat ones. The nice ones wouldn't stand out, so the largest interaction people have with Americans is with the 'bad' ones. A personal example of this is one American in the Vatican who, when asked to stop touching something simply replied 'we're American, we do that' as if being American allowed her to do whatever she wanted!

Obviously I am aware that not all Americans (in fact probably the majority of Americans) are not fat, stupid, bigoted people, but unfortunately you manage to present yourselves as such. But look on the bright side, at least you're not French!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I've never seen any real hatred torwards America expressed here.
    Are you sure you're not being a little bit entitled? You can't expect us to worship the States as if it were our own country.

Anti-British sentiment is quickly shut down because of the real-world implications it was based on, its a sensitive topic for a lot of people.
    Anyway, like it or not but I've been to both the UK and America and I think we're closer in terms of culture to the UK (sorry guys but its true:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I don't understand where these anti-French snipes come from!
    The French were nothing but extremely supportive to the Republic of Ireland since its foundation and before.

They were also hugely supportive of the United States in its early days and the French revolution inspired the American one! They even gave the US the statue of liberty as a birthday present!

Yet, they get slagged off constantly by the media.

I suspect it stems from the British hatred of the French, which all goes back to the hundreds of years of war and propaganda to prevent the French revolution spreading to the UK. Those aristocrats needed to ensure they held onto their vast wealth and heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm living back in Ireland again after almost 20 years living in the US. Have joint US/Irish citizenship. Have not met one shred of animosity or anti US sentiment since I've been back. Most people I meet (especially the supposedly bigoted, overly opinionated taxi drivers) want to know what part of the US I lived in. Then they regal me with stories of the crack that they had on holidays over there, before telling me that I am mad to come back to this banjaxed little island. Yada yada yada. Rinse and repeat.

Was in College Green when Prez Obama was hear and t'was a total love fest. No anti US animosity in sight. Granted Dubya and his actions did a lot of harm to the reputation of the US overseas. But I think that people here have the brains and cop on to be able to tell the difference between the actions of a right wing, gung ho politician, and a country at large. I think that Irish people still have a great amount of affection for the US as a nation.

Yes, some Americans can be a pretty ignorant bunch when it comes to other countries. But considering how big it is, they really have everything that they need within their own borders. They don't have that need or compulsion or desire to travel to different countries for work or pleasure that Europeans take for granted. Am not excusing their ignorance, just providing a fairly logical reason for it.

A lot of Irish get their knickers in a wad about the Yanks not knowing the difference between us and the UK politically, geographically, historically etc etc. We are just another dot on the map for most of the planets inhabitants, yet we feel that every single person on the planet is obligated to know our entire history all the back to Finn McCool & are ignorant tools if they don't. But tell me this, how much does the average Greek or Italian or German (or Irish person for that matter) know about the splits of Eritrea and Tigre away from Ethiopia, or what went on in Sri Lanka and the Tamils in their fight for independence from India? Or about 100 other fights between small nations and their colonial overlords. Not much I'll bet !

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Solair wrote: »
    I don't understand where these anti-French snipes come from!
    The French were nothing but extremely supportive to the Republic of Ireland since its foundation and before.

They were also hugely supportive of the United States in its early days and the French revolution inspired the American one! They even gave the US the statue of liberty as a birthday present!

Yet, they get slagged off constantly by the media.

I suspect it stems from the British hatred of the French, which all goes back to the hundreds of years of war and propaganda to prevent the French revolution spreading to the UK. Those aristocrats needed to ensure they held onto their vast wealth and heads!

i think you got the revolutions in the wrong order, you must be watching to many mel gibson movies

• Advertisement

The American Revolution would have failed without the French, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RichieC wrote: »
    The American Revolution would have failed without the French, though.

They were still fighting that when this thread started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Eoin_ wrote: »
    For example, pizza is now a vegetable......and this change came from the politicians, who are meant to be the leaders of your country!
    I think that that came from political lobbyists. It is, IMO, a stupid system of government; allowing private enterprise to essentially bully congress into doing what they want will only lead to bad things. Someone, somewhere, is making a lot of money flogging pizza to schoolchildren, money that they wouldn't be making if the kids were given proper lunches, and so they essentially threaten their selected representitive until they get what they want.

If I got into US politics I'd clean the place up with a chainsaw, and the lobbyists would be at the front of the queue.

kylith wrote: »
    I think that that came from political lobbyists. It is, IMO, a stupid system of government; allowing private enterprise to essentially bully congress into doing what they want will only lead to bad things. Someone, somewhere, is making a lot of money flogging pizza to schoolchildren, money that they wouldn't be making if the kids were given proper lunches, and so they essentially threaten their selected representitive until they get what they want.

If I got into US politics I'd clean the place up with a chainsaw, and the lobbyists would be at the front of the queue.

It's not so much bullying as buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Funny how the Irish call all Americans stupid because they ask questions like "do you have indoor plumbing" or "do people still live in the castles there". Maybe those questions are asked because your entire country has a smaller population than a couple of our states. We don't pay attention to every split second thing happening in Ireland like they do with America. I'm not even trying to be a d*ck about it. Ireland is a very small country, I can't tell you the last time I heard about it in the media. So why are we expected to have this background knowledge of your country when we visit?

Did you do a Boards.ie search for 'Anti-Americanism' and find this thread? Spoilin' for a fight are ye'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I've visited the states, I worked in Retail on Grafton St for many years and I've met all class of Irish and American alike.

Apart from the odd a-hole, most Americans have been very friendly, never did I appreciate that more until I visited the states. Everyone was so welcoming to me! It was lovely!

I can see where the opinions come from, different states have different cultures, but I think most are fantastic!

(Except the Pro Lifers; and the eejits that try to teach celibacy to teenagers instead of giving them proper sex ed!)

It's not so much bullying as buying.
    It's both. Buyllying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I don't have anything against Americans as a default setting, but I do dislike many aspects of American culture, as well as many aspects of American foreign and economic policy.

I think it is inevitable (however unfortunate) that for some people this dislike, which I would think is reasonably common, transpires into a dislike for Americans themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

America is fast heading down the slippery slope and is slowly but surely dragging other countries like the EU down with it.
    fedor.2. wrote: »
    What do you mean?
    America was responsible for the introduction of the micro chipped embedded passport which has now become a global phenomenon. This gives authorities around the world a access to a vast database which is shared among countries. We are already hearing of people being criminalised, imprisoned and deported over trivial jokes on social network sites that are picked up at port of entry when their passports are scanned,.

America is also playing leader in up and coming ACTA, SOPA and PIPA copyright censorship legislation which will have a huge impact on internet freedom in Europe when passed.

later12 wrote: »
    I don't have anything against Americans as a default setting, but I do dislike many aspects of American culture, as well as many aspects of American foreign and economic policy.

I think it is inevitable (however unfortunate) that for some people this dislike, which I would think is reasonably common, transpires into a dislike for Americans themselves.

It's only Americans who can call for the invasion and bombing of a country to free the poor citizens.. "we don't hate Iranians, we hate their government"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Sums up a lot of anti-American feeling I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It's only Americans who can call for the invasion and bombing of a country to free the poor citizens.. "we don't hate Iranians, we hate their government"
    Well... they do hate our freedom, the baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

There are many good reasons to have a low opinion of America. It really disgusts me that a warmongering nation goes to such efforts to appear to promote freedom and democracy all over the world. Don't forget that the US has toppled democracies and installed dictators all over the world to serve its own interests. The worst curse is a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

It's not that I dislike 'Americans' but more that I dislike America and all that it stands for. The US treatment of many countries can only be described as horrific and they only seem to want to do anything when it will directly benefit the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm living back in Ireland again after almost 20 years living in the US. Have joint US/Irish citizenship. Have not met one shred of animosity or anti US sentiment since I've been back. Most people I meet (especially the supposedly bigoted, overly opinionated taxi drivers) want to know what part of the US I lived in. Then they regal me with stories of the crack that they had on holidays over there, before telling me that I am mad to come back to this banjaxed little island. Yada yada yada. Rinse and repeat.

Was in College Green when Prez Obama was hear and t'was a total love fest. No anti US animosity in sight. Granted Dubya and his actions did a lot of harm to the reputation of the US overseas. But I think that people here have the brains and cop on to be able to tell the difference between the actions of a right wing, gung ho politician, and a country at large. I think that Irish people still have a great amount of affection for the US as a nation.

Yes, some Americans can be a pretty ignorant bunch when it comes to other countries. But considering how big it is, they really have everything that they need within their own borders. They don't have that need or compulsion or desire to travel to different countries for work or pleasure that Europeans take for granted. Am not excusing their ignorance, just providing a fairly logical reason for it.

A lot of Irish get their knickers in a wad about the Yanks not knowing the difference between us and the UK politically, geographically, historically etc etc. We are just another dot on the map for most of the planets inhabitants, yet we feel that every single person on the planet is obligated to know our entire history all the back to Finn McCool & are ignorant tools if they don't. But tell me this, how much does the average Greek or Italian or German (or Irish person for that matter) know about the splits of Eritrea and Tigre away from Ethiopia, or what went on in Sri Lanka and the Tamils in their fight for independence from India? Or about 100 other fights between small nations and their colonial overlords. Not much I'll bet !

Pretty sums it up for me thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

nommm wrote: »
    It's not that I dislike 'Americans' but more that I dislike America and all that it stands for. The US treatment of many countries can only be described as horrific and they only seem to want to do anything when it will directly benefit the US.

and yet so many of the people from these countries go to america for a better life, why? weather you like it or not, america will only invade countries that are oppressive and/or pose a danger. so what if they benefit from the spoils of war, for example, iraq has never been richer, it now has a higher life expectancy, higher standard of living, THE INTERNET etc.. obviously there are terrorists left that undermine stability in the country but thankfully like our lamps (ira), they re few and far between

and yet so many of the people from these countries go to america for a better life, why? weather you like it or not, america will only invade countries that are oppressive and/or pose a danger. so what if they benefit from the spoils of war, for example, iraq has never been richer, it now has a higher life expectancy, higher standard of living, THE INTERNET etc.. obviously there are terrorists left that undermine stability in the country but thankfully like our lamps (ira), they re few and far between
    But who decides what countries are oppressive and dangerous? America, that's who.

USA was and is the biggest propaganda machine in existence. They make the former USSR's propaganda look like an Isle of man toursim leaflet.

Heres an example of this, their anti Russian rethoric is/was so pervasive and strong that to this day in Ireland I still come across people who think that the allies were at war with the communists in WW2, for the whole of WW2.

The USSR contributed 22 +million sacrifices to saving Europe and Itself from facism and yet say that to an American and they freak out. "WE SAVED YOUR ASSES IN WW2"! I've oft heard ejaculated from the frothing mouth of a die hard American.

Alot of people still think the Russians are the bad guys because of the sheer amount of anti Russian BS pumped into us in American TV media (Including many childrens cartoons) and political rethoric.

USSR was the first nation to recognise the Irish Republic. USA were responsible for more atrocities during the cold war then the Russians could aspire to. Including the experimentation on people willing and unwilling, with drugs such as LSD, MDMA and others. Invented by the good old CIA.

USA is a lie, everything about it is a lie, the media, the government, the rethoric, the culture. It's all one big ego ****.

I love Ireland, you know why? Because I am free-er then any American will ever be.
    ;)

That said I like many American people, who cannot be blamed on the regime that runs the country, and sure we have our problems here, but our politicians can never compare to the immense evils done by the USA towards so so many nations.

(Awaits Sh1tstorm....)

hilarious. Bagdad is rated as the worst place on the planet to live. surely that should be tehran, no?

• Advertisement

OH and don't even get me started on what I think of USA's biggest export to the world - Egotistical Hip-hop ganster culture.:mad:

Advertisement