Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spoiler inside-strikeforce aftermath

• 25-06-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

crashna.jpg

saw this on bb.com, thought some people might like it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You really think Finkelchtein would let him fight a guy he might lose to!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Ha, very good and probably very accurate! I don't think people are giving Werdum the respect he deserves though, the guy has only lost to guys on the top level apart from Dos Santos, who as we've seen is no joke either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Fedor is going to walk through Werdum and then hopefully we can see the Reem give him a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

dont count out werdum, hes damn talented, but fedor will most likely win

I don't see how Werdum will win. He's a good fighter but matches up well against Fedor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fromvert wrote: »
    Fedor is going to walk through Werdum and then hopefully we can see the Reem give him a fight.
    Ill be rooting for Ubereem in that fight

Me too, I want Werdum to beat Fedor as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He'll be over rated and never actually any good anyway like Chuck Lidell was apparently. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Ill be rooting for Ubereem in that fight

Im kicking you in the leg next time I see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i'll be rooting for werdum im pretty sick of hearing about fedor to be honest, untill he goes to the ufc and fights the best i'll continue to think the guy is a sham, also is there any way i can watch this on tv?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I hope he loses. Just 'cause.:P

i'll be rooting for werdum im pretty sick of hearing about fedor to be honest, untill he goes to the ufc and fights the best i'll continue to think the guy is a sham, also is there any way i can watch this on tv?

Ya sure it's not like he even fought in Pride or any similar top organisation...wait a minute...:pac:

Bottom line is fighting in the UFC doesn't make you a better or worse fighter, it's WHO you fight, and he's powered his way through plenty of former UFC heavyweight contenders, most in their prime

yeah but arlovski, sylvia and coleman were all pasted their prime by that stage , his last decent opponent was cro cop , so in my eyes he has'nt proven him self yet, im not saying hes a crap fighter hes a great fighter i just dont think he could compete with todays top heavyweights

Im kicking you in the leg next time I see you.
    Bring it!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

if he loses im expecting the moon to hit us like a comet!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

yeah but arlovski, sylvia and coleman were all pasted their prime by that stage , his last decent opponent was cro cop , so in my eyes he has'nt proven him self yet, im not saying hes a crap fighter hes a great fighter i just dont think he could compete with todays top heavyweights

Coleman had only lost to a prime Big Nog and Cro Cop in 4 years when he fought Fedor the first time. Arlovski was considered #2 in the world when he fought Fedor. He had left UFC on a 3 fight winning streak and won twice more after that before facing Fedor. Sylvia had only lost to Couture, Arlovski and Big Nog in his ten fights , beating Arlovski twice in that time, before fighting Fedor. It's not like they were kicked out of UFC, they left for bigger paydays and a chance to beat the greatest heavyweight of all time.

Who have UFC's top heavyweights proven themselves against? It's easy to play down any of their records, just like you did with Fedor's. Carwin's record is no more legitimate than Roger's when he fought Fedor. Lesnar beat Min Soo Kim, 1-1 with Mir, beat an over-the-hill Herring by decision and struggled to beat an old, passed his prime Couture. Velasquez beat an old Nog and Dos Santos beat a passed it Cro Cop and an out of shape Werdum.

I like the 'new breed' if UFC heavyweight. I'm not sure how good Carwin really is, but Brock, Cain and Dos Santos are really good fighters. But, I don't understand why some people insist that Fedor wouldn't be able to compete with them or why he needs to beat them to prove he's the best. Surely, it should be the other way around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did ya see Fedor was spose to be wearing Tapout but UFC said they would ban Tapout from the UFC. Now Fedor is gonna wear clinch gear.

UFC is like a boy who is bullying a girl but only because he is in love with her.

Saying that, Fedor should step up and fight Lesnar/Carwin/Velasquez

http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65690

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Can someone please tell me what (if any) TV channel will show Strikeforce live over here.

I've just moved back to Ireland so I haven't got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I think bravo will be showing it on sunday nite..

just checked the bravo listings and its not on it, i also checked extreme sprots and eurosport, doesnt look like we can watch other than online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

On the off chance of a massive upset i threw a 5 on Werdum @ 9/2, wasnt worth backing fedor @ 1/8.

Might as well have given the 5er to the hobo outside the bookies :D

calex71 wrote: »
    On the off chance of a massive upset i threw a 5 on Werdum @ 9/2, wasnt worth backing fedor @ 1/8.

Might as well have given the 5er to the hobo outside the bookies :D

Make it a double with Jan Finney

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did ya see Fedor was spose to be wearing Tapout but UFC said they would ban Tapout from the UFC. Now Fedor is gonna wear clinch gear.

UFC is like a boy who is bullying a girl but only because he is in love with her.

Saying that, Fedor should step up and fight Lesnar/Carwin/Velasquez

http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65690
    Seen this in a few other places now with t-shirt designs and loads of detail.If so,its probably one of the biggest dick moves ive ever seen.
    The UFC has some of my favourite fighters on the planet but this sh!t is just bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Damn. I always feared him losing to someone like Werdum. I'd prefer if he had gone to the UFC and lost to a rising star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

cowzerp wrote: »
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

what if fedor loses tomorrow? he has wtf sherdog is going to crash tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

hopefully Duddy can win to make up for this:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

The Last Emperor will be back!!!
    Best thing that ever happened!

Dedicated towards the people who still think the Last Emperor is indefategibale...

To those who think the Russian is still top 3 p4p!

To those who have seen more than one mma fight.

Let's go Fedor!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pierrot wrote: »
    Dedicated towards the people who still think the Last Emperor is indefategibale...

Let's go Fedor!!!

Did this really need a thread of it's own?

The title itself is a spoiler to those who wouldn't have watched the fight yet.

COP ON

scudzilla wrote: »

The title itself is a spoiler to those who wouldn't have watched the fight yet.

COP ON

Sorry, delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Maybe just change the title to "Fedor" or something?

I still think he's the best also, this fight hasn't debunked anything about him.

scudzilla wrote: »

Damn right it does pretty much a once in a generation moment.

Still the world number 1 obvs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Let's go Fedor!!!

Petty posts for petty people i suppose.

Best 5er i ever gave a bookie, now give me back what you owe me paddypower :D

• Advertisement

Best 5er i ever gave a bookie, now give me back what you owe me paddypower :D

how much did ya win?

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Petty posts for petty people i suppose.

I love people playing this card after all the over bearing Fedor worship there has been.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    how much did ya win?

5 euro @ 9/2 so about €33 i think

:eek: nice man!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

were fcuked so!

• Advertisement

better spend the winnings quick so :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

Anyone know what this word (indefategibale...) means? Im so confused:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

rovert wrote: »
    I love people playing this card after all the over bearing Fedor worship there has been.

That aimed at me or agreeing about the OP...

I don't even consider myself a fedor fan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Look Tyson lost when people thought he was unbeatable, as did Ali-people lose, Werdum done brilliant but i have to say Fedor rushed in on the ground like a novice, even after he escaped the 1st arm bar he was doing scabby punches instead of passing guard and finishing..

We'll see how he handles this defeat, he may come back and beat Werdum then Overeem and then he'll be top of the pile again, dont forget Brock lost to Mir not so long ago and he is the top UFC heavyweight as things stand, till next week!

PS, When i read the original title i was going to issue a ban, but as seen as you mailed me straight away asking for it to be removed we'll let this 1 slide-please be more aware of spoilers in future.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I am upset, totally put off my sausages this morning. Can't believe Fedor was beaten by an over-zealous attempt to finish the fight in the first 30 seconds. Maybe it was the fact he's fought so many people who can't finish fights definititively that put him off. I honestly think/believe/hope Fedor will get an immediate rematch (even if m-1 or who ever promotes him have to pay werdum 2 million) and will crush him with a more intelligent and cautious game plan.

Werdum was very very classy, his ability to soak up that top pressure and those flailing punches and finish that fight where great men have failed (Big Nog). What a triangle. And what a reaction. He knew his BJJ is top notch, and if anyone, whether it's fedor or brock lesnar want to fumble around in his open guard they need to be prepared to be submitted. Along with his very good Muay Thai Werdum has always been a top 10 guy.

Unlike most of the guys on the net I actually think this is a great thing. Fedor's loss, surely, is motivation to actually start considering the UFC offers, motivation to start proving he's not a good fighter but a great fighter. Fedor may be personally motivated to beat BRock/Carwin/Alistair. I think Fedor has tonnes of fight left in him and I think he can beat anyone, absolutely anyone in less than 5 minutes.

This to me is no more than Edgar beating Penn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

better spend the winnings quick so :eek:

Put it on England to beat the Germans on penalties, seems comparitly likly now

Look Tyson lost when people thought he was unbeatable, as did Ali-people lose, Werdum done brilliant but i have to say Fedor rushed in on the ground like a novice, even after he escaped the 1st arm bar he was doing scabby punches instead of passing guard and finishing..

We'll see how he handles this defeat, he may come back and beat Werdum then Overeem and then he'll be top of the pile again, dont forget Brock lost to Mir not so long ago and he is the top UFC heavyweight as things stand, till next week!

PS, When i read the original title i was going to issue a ban, but as seen as you mailed me straight away asking for it to be removed we'll let this 1 slide-please be more aware of spoilers in future.

Time a merge of topics and label it Strikefore Aftermath thread or something. To make the outcome less transparent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Let's go Fedor!!!

this is a pointless statement and something i would expect on sherdog, lets hope this is not the new trend over here as i enjoy reading this mma boards an awful lot more that uneducated fanboys on sherdog.

just watchd the fight, rushed in on the groung too dast i think, he should have done what mir did to big nog ans not go for the ground n pound when he is undercooked, as he clearly had the better stand up going by the first exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

"The one who doesn't fall never stands up. It happened that people made me an idol. But everybody loses. I'm just a human being. And if it's God's will next fight, I'll win.”
    —Fedor Emelianenko

I am inconsolable, desolate, devoid of positive human emotion. I just watched a deity die, seen his immortal heart ripped from his chest and stop beating. My God has been murdered, his divine hubris his downfall. What is left is a man, Herculean in stature, but formed only of blood, muscle and bone. His Achilles' heel now his is elbow, or his neck. In anyone wants me, I'll be in the basement watching Pride 2004 GP.

just told my ma fedor lost and she wants ot know which team he plays for. :(:(:(

I am inconsolable, desolate, devoid of positive human emotion. I just watched a deity die, seen his immortal heart ripped from his chest and stop beating. My God has been murdered, his divine hubris his downfall. What is left is a man, Herculean in stature, but formed only of blood, muscle and bone. His Achilles' heel now his is elbow, or his neck. In anyone wants me, I'll be in the basement watching Pride 2004 GP.

just told my ma fedor lost and she wants ot know which team he plays for. :(:(:(
    Am I the only one reading this and picturing some lad in a toga on the edge of a cliff?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement