Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding addresses on Garmin

Options
  • 27-06-2010 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Can't seem to find some addresses on Garmin - is this normal - trying to use for work around Donegal

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you give a bit more information. Where are you searching for? The method you are using. Have you browsed the map to see if the street is there. Etc.
    Also what map version are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rhumbob

koolkid wrote: »
    Can you give a bit more information. Where are you searching for? The method you are using. Have you browsed the map to see if the street is there. Etc.
    Also what map version are you using?

Have to do some work in Lettermacward in Donegal but can't find in the addresses.
    Its 1210 and updated maps when I got it 2weeks ago. Also if I find in the addresses I cannot get to the house I want - just the middle of no where
    Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When I search avteq I get the attached location. Is this correct or are there roads missing?
    If this is not correct you can submit the errors using Navteq Map Reporter .

When I search avteq I get the attached location. Is this correct or are there roads missing?
    If this is not correct you can submit the errors using Navteq Map Reporter .

Found it myself in the end by asking directions - don't think what you are showing is it... anyway know where it is now but not from the SatNav.

There are a few like this or you just get to middle of nowehere and then you have to ask dircetions..

Garmin are good enough at following up on correctings.
    I recommend using the Map Reeporter.

• Advertisement

Garmin are good enough at following up on correctings.
    I recommend using the Map Reeporter.

Thanks for your help anyhow koolkid

LOC 8 might an answer. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I find the find address system on my Nuvi 760 (and same as all Garmins as far as I know) terrible. I have the same problem where some addresses are just impossible to find. It's as if you have to know the exact city (which could be a nearby town you wouldn't expect it to be) and then if Navteq have a different spelling on the place you've no hope at all.

There's been many a time where I've had to give up searching, even though I knew where the place was, but just wanted to get the ETA on the screen and couldn't for the life of me find it, then of course, when I eventually get there, it's on the screen labelled?

I find my first GPS, AIRIS and the Android GPS on my phone, Co-Pilot, use a much better system where you just have to type the first letter and it returns all places that start with that letter, type a second letter it narrows it down, a third narrows it down further etc and this way, even if it's spelled wrong, you can see it rather than getting that annoying "no results found" screen.

Can't believe one of the most popular GPS manufacturers have such a poor search system!

cormie wrote: »
    I find the find address system on my Nuvi 760 (and same as all Garmins as far as I know) terrible. I have the same problem where some addresses are just impossible to find. It's as if you have to know the exact city (which could be a nearby town you wouldn't expect it to be) and then if Navteq have a different spelling on the place you've no hope at all.

There's been many a time where I've had to give up searching, even though I knew where the place was, but just wanted to get the ETA on the screen and couldn't for the life of me find it, then of course, when I eventually get there, it's on the screen labelled?

I find my first GPS, AIRIS and the Android GPS on my phone, Co-Pilot, use a much better system where you just have to type the first letter and it returns all places that start with that letter, type a second letter it narrows it down, a third narrows it down further etc and this way, even if it's spelled wrong, you can see it rather than getting that annoying "no results found" screen.

Can't believe one of the most popular GPS manufacturers have such a poor search system!

Loc8 Codes look like a good solution - going to unlock tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Not sure what you mean, don't have a clue what loc8 codes are? :)

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean, don't have a clue what loc8 codes are? :)

loc8code.com

Advertisement